E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60 530 Sound Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I have spent months struggling to resolve some sound issues which have cost me ££s to investigate and fix and there is still no end in sight so really hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.
I lost sound to all but the driver wide sub, which only worked if I disconnected the driver mid speaker, otherwise I would get a loud screeching noise at random times even with the stereo off.
After several days of investigation, BMW concluded that the CCC was faulty and as the passenger door had been replaced, it could be connected to that so they would not cover under warranty.
Yesterday, I had a new CCC installed by an independent and now the state is:
- Sound from front, passenger side with some crackle
- Tiny bit of sound from the driver side sub
- No sound from the rear
- Sound cuts out completely if volume is increased beyond a certain level.
- IDrive not functional (pressing or turning knob does nothing, stays on home screen in german)
- Voice activation not functional

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated as I really don't know where to go from here.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update since yesterday...
I disconnected the front mid speakers in the doors and now I get good sound from both under seat speakers. Strange cutout problem now gone. Speakers faulty I guess.

I understand from posts in US forums that the E60 powers the under seat speakers from the amplifier in the boot and the other 4 from the ccc/head unit.
Is this the same in Europe? So could this then be a coding problem, given I only get sound from the speakers not powered by the head unit?

IDrive and voice activation still not operational (nor the parking light camera).
Garage is going to put latest software to see if that solves it. Will post the results.