E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

E60

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

one thing ive noticed her in long beach california.....i see alot of women driving e60..as for the age of the women... im going to say between 30 to 50...with the men that ive noticed...40-60...thats just a guesstimate..ericd
Old 05-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525d Touring; Black-Sapphire; Black Dakota Leather; Steptronic; Navigation System Business; Roofbars; Power Glass moonroof; Power seats with Driver memory, Heated front seats; PDC-Park Distance Control; Xenon Headlights with Adaptive Light Control; Radio Professional with 6 Disc CD-Charger in Glovebox;

Originally Posted by MAK' post='284658' date='May 19 2006, 12:54 PM
Hi All
The other day I was approached by a female in her early thirtys who enquired "is that your car?......Very nice! She went on.... I had one of those ...a black one. I took it back because every other one I saw was being driven by old men. I traded it in for a Mini.... Lost ?5K on the trade in. The salesman said it was the first time anyone had brought one back for that reason" I was probably as speechless as the salesman. Is it a female thing as the logic of this story escapes me..... or are we really all old men?
For sure she was expecting the usuall question (at least from a South European Guy): "And don't you prefer older Men???"...

Lets be honest. Taking as a base the replies on this post, I would say that the majority of answers I saw here shows that the majority of members driving E60s are younger than the described "female in her early thirtys".

I really think 'MAK' that for sure we're not old men. It was just a lady with a bad approach

P.S. - Do you really think that old Men could work in the perfection with i-Drive????
Old Men go for the Mercedes... Not even Audi's now allow them in...
I really believe that the E60 is car for persons young in spirit, and the age of a person is just a mental thing...
Old 05-24-2006, 03:07 PM
Contributors

42yr on this side
Old 05-24-2006, 03:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by MAK' post='284658' date='May 19 2006, 11:54 AM
Hi All
The other day I was approached by a female in her early thirtys who enquired "is that your car?......Very nice! She went on.... I had one of those ...a black one. I took it back because every other one I saw was being driven by old men. I traded it in for a Mini.... Lost ?5K on the trade in. The salesman said it was the first time anyone had brought one back for that reason" I was probably as speechless as the salesman. Is it a female thing as the logic of this story escapes me..... or are we really all old men?

Its funny but I can live with being labelled an old man. I drive my E60 usually far too fast and then when I come home to my 21 year old girl friend, well enough said . Life could be far worse, I could be driving a Mercedes Benz? :thumbsdown:
Old 05-25-2006, 07:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

I must say there are a few cars that will qualify as "old man's car". No offense for any of the owner of the cars listed below"

Any Corvette from 1970 to today
Any Cadillacs (except Escalade for the Ganstas or Goombas)
Lexus ES, LS, SC

Old 05-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

totally no!
i first drive the 530 when i was 17 and it looked great.My friends told me the car matched me perfectlly. MB is for the oldiesBMW are for the younger ones