E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dust has been bitten

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
Bro, two things:

1. Shit happens.

2. Don't let such one-time events ruin who you are and what you believe in. A lot of people looked up to you in these forums - for help, for updates, and for your enthusiasm, and rightfully so. Such depressing out-of-control events happen - maybe a 3rd person analogy would be if you end up pledging to never go over the speed limit in your entire life, 50 years of good driving pass by, and a drunk driver hits your car and the police officer calls it your fault. What would you say to such a person.

That said, your words about spending time with family, getting your priorities in life straightened out, and not loosing on the opportunity to do things because of a car-obsession are absolutely correct.
Dude, I wish I could take back all those thousands of posts praising fucking BMW. These cars aren't meant to be owned or loved. You should rent them, treat them like cheap freaky prostitutes - the harder, the better - and give them back to BMW after the term is over. Fuck them, just don't wife them. And forget about being obsessed - I've wasted years and thousands of dollars on this piece of shit and all I have now is a few mods to sell on the part out, a loan that still needs to be paid off and a piece of shit car, that I'll be lucky to get 10K for... fuck yeah I take it all back, if I only could - I was a false prophet, telling people "BMW is reliable", "BMW is the greatest car to own"... should've been spending all this time and money on my family!

Originally Posted by Anzafin
Very sorry to hear V!

I can understand you're mad about it, but flaming around the forum about how stupid is to mod BMWs etc, is kind of "f*ck you" to us .

- Antti -
The only fuck you I wish to express is the one to BMW. You I got mad props for. But instead of taking my words as an attack on you, take them as a lesson you could learn from me - someone who's taken infinitely more shit from BMW than you. I know how much you love and care for your E60 - shit, you're probably the most loyal E60.net person on this forum! You have one of the cleanest E60's around and you've done just about everything yourself - imagine if, God forbid! you were to find yourself in my shoes? Trust me, I'm not insulting any of my fellow modders, nor am I flaming - I'm very reserved under the circumstances!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' BMW 550i

I betcha you will sell your car, then in process to find a new car you will buy BMW again.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Members
Senior Members

Sorry for your loss, man. Also thanking God I did not purchase your car.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by turboawd
how much you want for the car? details?
+1
Old 02-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

Sorry to hear about your car, I believe if you can get another engine for a good price, and the rest of the car is in good shape, you can either sell it? or keep it.

There are plenty i6 engines around.

Good luck V.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

so sorry to hear v
Old 02-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 09 535i Xdrive Technology package Premium Package Audiophile Sound Package

This thread has the making of an epic one,second only to your one about wheel options for X models
Old 02-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Dude, I wish I could take back all those thousands of posts praising fucking BMW. These cars aren't meant to be owned or loved. You should rent them, treat them like cheap freaky prostitutes - the harder, the better - and give them back to BMW after the term is over. Fuck them, just don't wife them. And forget about being obsessed - I've wasted years and thousands of dollars on this piece of shit and all I have now is a few mods to sell on the part out, a loan that still needs to be paid off and a piece of shit car, that I'll be lucky to get 10K for... fuck yeah I take it all back, if I only could - I was a false prophet, telling people "BMW is reliable", "BMW is the greatest car to own"... should've been spending all this time and money on my family!

The only fuck you I wish to express is the one to BMW. You I got mad props for. But instead of taking my words as an attack on you, take them as a lesson you could learn from me - someone who's taken infinitely more shit from BMW than you. I know how much you love and care for your E60 - shit, you're probably the most loyal E60.net person on this forum! You have one of the cleanest E60's around and you've done just about everything yourself - imagine if, God forbid! you were to find yourself in my shoes? Trust me, I'm not insulting any of my fellow modders, nor am I flaming - I'm very reserved under the circumstances!
Yes Vlad I can only imagine how upsetting this is for you.

But you can love a BMW that you lease. I do. I drive my new BMWs for 3 years during the prime of their lives, drive the living crap out of them and then turn them in before they start breaking down due to age.

BMW does make a fantastic car. I have loved both of my 2 BMWs. But I would never never own one or get a used one outside of the warranty because they are too damn expensive to fix and because I love new cars. In terms of reliability, BMWs are not Honda, Lexuses, Acuras or Infinitis.

Bottom line: leasing is not such a bad thing. I really like leasing and have leased my last five cars and am about to lease my sixth. I haven't enjoyed any of them any less because I leased them. To the contrary, I have enjoyed them more because I drive them hard without one ounce of guilt or fear as to what will happen to the car at 80K or 100k miles.....because by that point in time, the car won't be mine.

You adored your E60. You can adore another BMW. Just lease it.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Very happy to report that the car will be revived after all. I had reluctantly agreed to have the technician look into the engine some more and see if there is an easy fix. After a couple of days of taking stuff apart, he has contacted me, letting me know that the problem is NOT the engine. I repeat, NOT the engine. What seems to have happened is one of the springs in the dual mass flywheel popped off and went loose in there. This is what was causing the noise. Looks like it damaged the starter and now the car is getting clutch, flywheel and starter replaced. Still costing me a pretty penny, but at least it's the parts that I expected to replace anyway, and most importantly, the engine is okay. I'll be posting a new thread describing the revival in depth, with pics and all that good stuff. Also getting a couple of mods done, while we're at it - stay tuned. Adventure 530Xi continues
Old 02-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Originally Posted by v_therussian
...that the problem is NOT the engine. I repeat, NOT the engine. ...
That's a great twist in the story, congrats! Always good to see someone so dedicated catch a break* (* considering the alternative).

Good luck with the revival

Quick Reply: Dust has been bitten