E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC Deactivated?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 550i jet black, Loaded
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N62B48

These features are design for the general public, and the majority of people are not enthusiast or have years of training/experience, and does "not" have the skill like many of you. As for enthusiast, there's M-Division. Isn't it safe to say, if something breaks, especially automobile parts, is it logical/common to get it fix?
Old 09-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Blah blahblah blahblah meh.

Drift carefully. The more often you drift the better you get at it!
Old 09-14-2010, 11:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Diamond
Of course life went on before stability control which is now mandated in cars by 2013 any new car must have it so again equalizing the field with the rest of the world and bmw.

That said you can find a few good videos on youtube that test the dsc safety feature and really show it can maneuvre well beyond what a human could in accident situation--with ability to brake only certain wheels-at different rates and control steering input to match-in a slippery accident situation you are just not on the same playing field as you are with dsc-not the same as a controlled track where predictable moves are known and a well balanced car is another story. Accident situations balance has very little to do with what happens

Originally Posted by peter griffin
These features are design for the general public, and the majority of people are not enthusiast or have years of training/experience, and does "not" have the skill like many of you. As for enthusiast, there's M-Division. Isn't it safe to say, if something breaks, especially automobile parts, is it logical/common to get it fix?
It's an incredible system and all the safety options working together make the car extremely safe to drive harder than you could without them. Hopefully for this instance it's just a sensor or something cheap to replace, let's see what the verdict is?
Old 09-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

I would get it fixed but honestly, if you drive carefully, you wouldnt really need it. I always HATED the DSC. DTC on the other hand is better. If you still have DTC, I believe ur ok IMO. DSC cuts down TOO much power. DSC = stability control. DTC = traction control.