E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Does your 5 get alot of attention?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011 | 10:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by hiepsta
i get all the times !!! peeps trip out on the paint and and how my ride doesnt rub !!! SLAMMMMED ON 21's ...
Rim cu?a ma`y la cai gi vay?
Old 04-03-2011 | 12:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

woooooow
Looks like its a virus, the post above seems totally encrypted to me
Old 04-03-2011 | 07:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by hiepsta
i get all the times !!! peeps trip out on the paint and and how my ride doesnt rub !!! SLAMMMMED ON 21's ...
Is your roof just a gloss black vinyl?
Old 04-03-2011 | 07:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

I got alot of attention at my work. Everyone was asking me about the car and I could see the rest just jealous.
While later my friend of work bought Honda Accord and did not get attention at all. I guess Bmw owns honda 6-0
Old 04-03-2011 | 08:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by dt425
up here Modded E60 are rare, so they point alot.

This. Here in IL there are not a huge amount of E60's for whatever reason so when they see one, let alone one modded out, it gets a lot of attention.
Old 04-03-2011 | 08:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by tex_phil
You should see Texas, there are Ford Trucks EVERYWHERE. I went to SF and I barely saw any.
I think between Northern and Southern Cali, the difference is tremendous in regards to truck drivers. It's totally a Socal thing. Which I personally think is ridiculous. I really doubt so many people need trucks here.
Old 04-03-2011 | 08:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Originally Posted by futurerx06
Who car is this?
Some guy who had it for sale in the local craigslist for 16K but found out it had a lot more action on Ebay for more money, so of course he pulled it off of cl

http://forums.5serie...s-socal-member/

http://cgi.ebay.com/...T#ht_499wt_1183
Old 04-03-2011 | 02:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Interesting comments from all the posts. I remember last year when I had just finished detailing my car and went to gas it up. I just started pumping and a new M3 pulled up next to me. When the guy got out he said, hey, nice BMW you have. I replied with the same. While we are both putting gas in another E60 heavily modded pulled up and part then the guy went inside the store. The M3 guy started laughing and I looked over at him and he said what a poser! I don?t understand why people debadge and then add all of the M parts trying to pretend their car is an M, maybe they should just go buy one. He said, how many REAL M cars have you seen that were debadged? Then he looked at mine and said good, you have yours. The car that was modded had M bumpers, debagged, regular exhaust on left side but was loud, M gills on the fenders, M wheels, practically every M thing you could buy. As the M3 guy left he said, I bet that is a 528 and just laughed?! He was a bit arrogant I would say, but did make a little sense. So I guess when people are looking at you cars heavily, you really don?t know unless you hear them if they are saying WOW that?s nice, or saying something else?
Old 04-03-2011 | 02:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Interesting comments from all the posts. I remember last year when I had just finished detailing my car and went to gas it up. I just started pumping and a new M3 pulled up next to me. When the guy got out he said, hey, nice BMW you have. I replied with the same. While we are both putting gas in another E60 heavily modded pulled up and part then the guy went inside the store. The M3 guy started laughing and I looked over at him and he said what a poser! I don?t understand why people debadge and then add all of the M parts trying to pretend their car is an M, maybe they should just go buy one. He said, how many REAL M cars have you seen that were debadged? Then he looked at mine and said good, you have yours. The car that was modded had M bumpers, debagged, regular exhaust on left side but was loud, M gills on the fenders, M wheels, practically every M thing you could buy. As the M3 guy left he said, I bet that is a 528 and just laughed?! He was a bit arrogant I would say, but did make a little sense. So I guess when people are looking at you cars heavily, you really don?t know unless you hear them if they are saying WOW that?s nice, or saying something else?
Great comment. I struggle with spending money on any major performance mods or even adding a body kit, vs. just putting the cash toward an M as a non daily driver. I do love my summert 166 wheels though
Old 04-03-2011 | 04:29 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Tell him to contact BMW to remove the m sport package as a option. What a dick LOL.

Quick Reply: Does your 5 get alot of attention?