E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Does your 5 get alot of attention?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Interesting comments from all the posts. I remember last year when I had just finished detailing my car and went to gas it up. I just started pumping and a new M3 pulled up next to me. When the guy got out he said, hey, nice BMW you have. I replied with the same. While we are both putting gas in another E60 heavily modded pulled up and part then the guy went inside the store. The M3 guy started laughing and I looked over at him and he said what a poser! I don?t understand why people debadge and then add all of the M parts trying to pretend their car is an M, maybe they should just go buy one. He said, how many REAL M cars have you seen that were debadged? Then he looked at mine and said good, you have yours. The car that was modded had M bumpers, debagged, regular exhaust on left side but was loud, M gills on the fenders, M wheels, practically every M thing you could buy. As the M3 guy left he said, I bet that is a 528 and just laughed?! He was a bit arrogant I would say, but did make a little sense. So I guess when people are looking at you cars heavily, you really don?t know unless you hear them if they are saying WOW that?s nice, or saying something else?
As long as he doesnt have a m5 badge, or grills that say m5 I don't really see the problem? Why judge the guy you've never talked to based on his car?
Old 04-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Yeah, I don't get how that's poser either? Not like the guy was trying to pretend his car is something else, he just likes the M styling? What's the problem?

It's like anything else: you decorate your house, you accessorize your style (clothing, hair cut, shoes, etc.), and anything else you can personalize.

I tend to think that guy is an arrogant prick.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:58 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by tex_phil
As long as he doesnt have a m5 badge, or grills that say m5 I don't really see the problem? Why judge the guy you've never talked to based on his car?
I don't recall if the side grills said M5, but there was some kind of side grill there for sure. The car didn't look bad, but I think this other guy was just a die hard M person... When I was reading all of these post, it got me thinking that you really don't know what other people are thinking unless they are vocal about it. I pesonally have the M5 rear trunk lip spoiler on my car. I got this because I liked it and it low profile so it's not jumping out all over the place, but thats me.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

With no intent to denigrate my 550 sport, I get more admiration/comments toward my MINI Clubman S.

sixcard
Old 04-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 07 530i Mystic Blue

Not too much in fact - lots of 5ers on the road in LA/OC along with other German cars everywhere.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Custom Matt White Paint by PLATINUM VIP | Sport Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | 6 Speed Manual | Premium Sound | Oem ///M5 Front Bumper | Oem ///M5 Rear Bumper | OEM ///M5 Side Skirts | Oem ///M5 Trunk Finisher | Oem ///M5 Fenders | 20% Tint | Vip Modular Wheels | 21x9.5 F | 21 x11 R | Magnaflow Exhaust | AAA Oval Tips | RPI Scoops | KW V2 Coilovers | Predator Ice V2 Angel Eyes | LED Side Turn Signal Markers ( Smoked ) Cross Drilled Rotors | CF Engine cover | Axxis Deluxe Break Pads | K&N Drop in

Originally Posted by tex_phil
Is your roof just a gloss black vinyl?
stock jet blk .
Old 04-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Custom Matt White Paint by PLATINUM VIP | Sport Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | 6 Speed Manual | Premium Sound | Oem ///M5 Front Bumper | Oem ///M5 Rear Bumper | OEM ///M5 Side Skirts | Oem ///M5 Trunk Finisher | Oem ///M5 Fenders | 20% Tint | Vip Modular Wheels | 21x9.5 F | 21 x11 R | Magnaflow Exhaust | AAA Oval Tips | RPI Scoops | KW V2 Coilovers | Predator Ice V2 Angel Eyes | LED Side Turn Signal Markers ( Smoked ) Cross Drilled Rotors | CF Engine cover | Axxis Deluxe Break Pads | K&N Drop in

Originally Posted by futurerx06
Rim cu?a ma`y la cai gi vay?
Old 04-04-2011, 04:26 AM
Members

I get a pretty good amount of attention from people who are into the aftrmarket stuff like myself , but more from vdub and audi guys ,most 5 series owners in my area are business people so they don't pay attention to mine
Old 04-04-2011, 05:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

My car is beginning to get some attention since I'm now changing things up. There is pretty much no modded e60's here. When I put my wheels on, I'm sure i will get a lot of looks.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Members

My Ride: [IMG]http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab48/big525i/IMG_20110329_082033-1.jpg[/IMG] 2005 525i mtech front and rear bumper Magnaflow custom quad tip exhaust with some carbon fiber goodies and staggered VMR VB3 wrapped in Nitto Invos

now that it looks like this i get a lot of attention up here in northern new jersey

Quick Reply: Does your 5 get alot of attention?