E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Does anyone think this looks better?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i Titanium gray poplar l Sports package l Logic 7 l PDC NAV l sunshades l chromed 124's l ski bag l euro tint

I like the original design but what about those taillights???
Old 10-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

After reading the posts asking for changing the shape of the rear lights I decided to give it a try. I think now it is looking like a face-lifeted old 5-series, but IMHO I think it looks better this way . I've also revised the trunk line, so tell me what you think of the new design.

The pic below is the Bangle rear light with Shebs trunck and bumper line.

Time to go to the workshop and use the lathe and milling machine on my car .
Old 10-04-2005, 12:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Shebs' date='Oct 4 2005, 02:19 AM
After reading the posts asking for changing the shape of the rear lights I decided to give it a try. I think now it is looking like a face-lifeted old 5-series, but IMHO I think it looks better this way? . I've also revised the trunk line, so tell me what you think of the new design.

[snapback]179039[/snapback]
Ok it took while but now I've managed to come up with a unique design
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
bmw_e39.bmp (1.18 MB, 30 views)
Old 10-04-2005, 11:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Oct 4 2005, 03:49 AM
[quote name='Shebs' date='Oct 4 2005, 02:19 AM']After reading the posts asking for changing the shape of the rear lights I decided to give it a try. I think now it is looking like a face-lifeted old 5-series, but IMHO I think it looks better this way? . I've also revised the trunk line, so tell me what you think of the new design.

[snapback]179058[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey, those tail lights look good!! If its too small for the car, you can enlarge it, but that shapes looks a lot better than the original. Nice job. Do I make the $1000 check payable to Sheb Bangle? Is that just design cost or does it include labor, material, and shipping?
Old 10-04-2005, 10:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' date='Oct 4 2005, 10:47 PM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Oct 4 2005, 03:49 AM'][quote name='Shebs' date='Oct 4 2005, 02:19 AM']After reading the posts asking for changing the shape of the rear lights I decided to give it a try. I think now it is looking like a face-lifeted old 5-series, but IMHO I think it looks better this way? . I've also revised the trunk line, so tell me what you think of the new design.

[snapback]179058[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hey, those tail lights look good!! If its too small for the car, you can enlarge it, but that shapes looks a lot better than the original. Nice job. Do I make the $1000 check payable to Sheb Bangle? Is that just design cost or does it include labor, material, and shipping?
[snapback]179305[/snapback]
[/quote]

In our humble design center located in Microsoft Paint, we accept credit cards and checks. The price is $1000 per tail light, so if you want the trunk and bumper revised, along with both tail lights, you should pay $2000 . And that is a special price for E60 forums users .

If I just had the appropriate machining and forming tools .