E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Does anyone think this looks better?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: -04 530D

I hate that how it is in real life now! It's not so bad in real life, but i some pictures it looks like first 911's back! If only that line under C-pilar can be faded off. I dont mind lines under back light.

Skaffa
Old 10-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005, E61 525i Touring, Black Sapphire Metallic, Dakota Leather, Steptronic Automatic, Pneumatic Self Leveling Rear Suspension, Panorama Glass Roof, PDC (Parking Distance Control front & Back), Navigation, HDTV, Bluetooth Voice Control, RunFlats, Electronically Retractable Side Mirrors, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Autodim Rearview

Get a Touring Model. You get a much better looking backside and still all of the good things as well. The Mtech rear for the E61 (Touring) makes it look even better. Add to this the extra space and the PANORAMA roof option and it makes it an easier choice.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

Originally Posted by Hobart' date='Oct 3 2005, 10:04 AM
Get a Touring Model. You get a much better looking backside and still all of the good things as well. The Mtech rear for the E61 (Touring) makes it look even better. Add to this the extra space and the PANORAMA roof option and it makes it an easier choice.
[snapback]178400[/snapback]
I would , but it was not available when I bought mine.

Skaffa
Old 10-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

People say the back is ugly but I really don't think so. Until a newer version comes out, I love my E60 the way it is.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Merv,

You have pointed out a very important issue. I really hate that slanted line. Actually I love the rear light, but I hate the way it was put together with the trunk and the rear bumper. So I decided to do the job that BMW should have done .

I used NES car. This is due to the clear rear angle of the picture and also because it is Alpina White so the lines are very clear.

BMW Design

Without Shutting Lines (beautiful, but impossible)

Shebs Design

Just tell me what do you think guys. Is it or :thumbsdown:?

NB: The last picture is subject to copyrights .
Old 10-03-2005, 01:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Shebs Bangle

The last picture does it for me. I like the way you managed to get your line to flow with the exisiting cars lines. Wonderful
Old 10-03-2005, 01:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 523iA, 2006, Silver Grey, Black Leatherette Interior, Fine-Wood Trim Poplar Grain Brown High-Gloss, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steptronic, Automatic Air Conditioning with Extended Content, Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Automatic Anti-Dazzle Function (Incl. Folding Function for Exterior Mirror), Electric Front Seats with Memory for Driver, Multi-Function Steering Wheel with Cruise Control, Adjustable Steering Column, BMW Radio with 8 Speakers and CD Drive, Park Distance Control, Universal Bluetooth Cell Phone, Electric Rear Sunblind

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Oct 3 2005, 12:05 PM
Shebs Bangle

The last picture does it for me. I like the way you managed to get your line to flow with the exisiting cars lines. Wonderful?? ?
[snapback]178426[/snapback]
Thanks Merv. I've even come up with another design. Tell me what do you think.

Shebs Design 2

Old 10-03-2005, 03:39 AM
Contributors

Sorry Merv and Shebs....I love the diagonal line and the fact that there is no line on the top surface of the trunk lid. It is one of my favorite parts of the E60. It looks good to me AND it looks different from other cars. I remember seeing some artists' renderings of what the "next 5er" was going to look like before the E60 came out and one (which ended up being pretty close to the final design) had the trunk lines done the normal way (like Shebs' picture). After the real E60 design was revealed I was so glad BMW did it the way they did instead of the normal line on top of the trunk lid. I think the way BMW designed it with the diagonal line matches the rest of the design elements on the E60, which make it more modern and special.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

I really like the design as it is right now. Nice job Shebs!
Old 10-03-2005, 09:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by Shebs' date='Oct 3 2005, 04:23 AM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Oct 3 2005, 12:05 PM']Shebs Bangle

The last picture does it for me. I like the way you managed to get your line to flow with the exisiting cars lines. Wonderful?? ?
[snapback]178426[/snapback]
Thanks Merv. I've even come up with another design. Tell me what do you think.

Shebs Design 2

[snapback]178429[/snapback]
[/quote]

Prefer that one as it eliminates the diagonal line yet doesn't look conventional