E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Does anyone think this looks better?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 01:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

My only negative with the E60 styling is the boot shut line from the side. I think it gives the boot a sort of thrown on at the last minute look. I would personally have made the bootlid more like the E39's so as not to spoil the E60's lines. Only My HO
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone think this looks better?-2005_0602image0022__medium_.jpg  
Old 10-02-2005, 01:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

well I like that spot you pointed out. If you look it follows the line all the way from the rear windows top all the way down to the end of the tailgate light........it is all about smooth lines and transitions.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Peter530i' date='Oct 2 2005, 04:50 PM
well I like that spot you pointed out. If you look it follows the line all the way from the rear windows top all the way down to the end of the tailgate light........it is all about smooth lines and transitions.
[snapback]178253[/snapback]
Peter,

No offense intended but if thats the case why does the line above the rear bumper end abruptly in the middle of the light cluster and not join the line at the bottom of the cluster?
Old 10-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Contributors

Like this!
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone think this looks better?-2005_0602image0022__medium_.jpg  
Old 10-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Merv, not related but hey...I like your drive, I'm about to get a new one laid to replace the paved slabs which look crap...yours looks like a sealed and textured solid surface, I guess this is better than block paving as you dont get any weeds up between the blocks....whats it like to live with?? Do you need to get it resealed?

Nebby owld Mixterk....
Old 10-02-2005, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Oct 3 2005, 12:02 AM
Like this!
[snapback]178256[/snapback]
The line is going up to the end of the trunk lid.
If it's going the way you have just marked it, it wouldn't be paralell to the lights, bumper and the lines there, so this is made perfectly right. The only other option I see is, not having this line at all, but that's not possible because it's the bumper...
Old 10-02-2005, 02:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mixterk' date='Oct 2 2005, 05:11 PM
Merv, not related but hey...I like your drive, I'm about to get a new one laid to replace the paved slabs which look crap...yours looks like a sealed and textured solid surface, I guess this is better than block paving as you dont get any weeds up between the blocks....whats it like to live with?? Do you need to get it resealed?

Nebby owld Mixterk....
[snapback]178259[/snapback]
Had it down about 2 years now and yes you're right no weeds apart from the odd one on the edge. Had a few cracks but other than that its great. Not re-sealed it yet but will do soon with a more glossy finish. We had the matt finish originally because of the slight slope down to the house and the guy said it would be slippy. I would recommend it over pavers.
Old 10-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Oct 2 2005, 05:11 PM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Oct 3 2005, 12:02 AM']Like this!
[snapback]178256[/snapback]
The line is going up to the end of the trunk lid.
If it's going the way you have just marked it, it wouldn't be paralell to the lights, bumper and the lines there, so this is made perfectly right. The only other option I see is, not having this line at all, but that's not possible because it's the bumper...
[snapback]178260[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes you do have a point Iceman with the lower line, I'd agree with that. Its no big deal as I love the shape of the car its just that boot line that makes it look a bit odd. The E61 looks perfect at the back and I just wish mine did. Only a small gripe just to keep this great forum on its toes.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Contributors

Merv , you can say what you will about the trunk line, but I have never owned a car were the trunk can be soak and wet , open the trunk and not one drop get into the boot.
It allways amazes me when I wash it and open the trunk to dry the bumper, all the water is perfectly channeled away.
That was by design I feel.

DR.Z
Old 10-02-2005, 04:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by DR.Z' date='Oct 2 2005, 06:31 PM
Merv , you can say what you will about the trunk line, but I have never owned a car were the trunk can be soak and wet , open the trunk and not one drop get into the boot.
It allways amazes me when I wash it and open the trunk to dry the bumper, all the water is perfectly channeled away.
That was by design I feel.

DR.Z
[snapback]178289[/snapback]
That's a great point in favor of the trunk line. I have noticed no wetness anywhere in my trunk after washing. My Z06 trunk line = a large pain after washing. I do think your styling looks good, but, on the other hand, I'd need to see the trunk-opening lines given your styling. And, I do like the trunk look the way it is.