E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A detail review of Comfort seat.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Humm thanks for the post... I havent really spent that much time in confort seats so I cant really comment... I Only tried it out a little at the Ultimate Driving Experience last weekend when they had a FULLY loaded 545iA for test drive for the Susan G. Korman Breast Cancer Foundation... for the short time i was in it I didn think it was worth $1200 extra... I wish it was only $500 since they ripped us off for the sports seat... if it was $500 to $600 upgrade I would have gotten it but not for $1200.

Maybe I'll go try yours one day speed racer... since I do want to get some pics of your car.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

I ordered my car with auburn interior, and I like the fact that when the
extensions are out it is black in between. It matches the rest of the interior, which is black (except for the seats), makes it look sporty.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

I ordered comfort seats in my (coming in November) 550i without even seeing them in real life and this may sound like a crazy question so I'm sorry in advance but I have 3 kids I'm planning on stuffing in the back seats so here it goes:

Do comfort seats take up any leg room behind the seat?
Old 09-30-2005, 04:25 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

As most know, and can see in my Signature - my current '06 530i has the Comfort Seats - however my first '04 530i didn't.

My Review:

Positive:
1. They are adjustable in EVERYWAY i have ever wished for a car seat to be adjustable.
2. The are VERY comfortable, yet NOT saggy soft. Very good support.
3. Ventilated / Heated Option is GREAT for long trips, or Summer driving in Florida(ventilated)
4. something nobody pointed out - the HUGGING capabilities ... you can adjust these seats to hug you just like a good sports car seat, or be loose

I do NOT have the rattle issue, neither does my father in his '04 745iL. The Power Adjustable Headrest i like - beast pulling the darn thing up by the little notches. The NECK SUPPORT on the headrest is simply awesome - and canbe very benefitial.

In my recent accident, i walked away w/out being hurt after having been T-BONED by a Fully loaded up Speeding Concrete/Cement Truck & spun around 3 times. As the bodyshop told me the Driver Side Comfort Seat has to be replaced as the seat was broken off the hinges, and the headrest was also broken - whcih i had extended at that point - it kind of acted as a movement limited for my head.

Negative:
1. The Gap between the Leg Support - I wish they had placed a Leather cover over it when extended - eventhough I have Black Leather Seats - dirt & "crums" & fux gets in there & is very visible on the black plastic. looks weird. I do NOT feel the gap though.
2. The Leather is NOT as soft as the Dakota Leather i had in my Premium Dakota Seats on '04 530i.
3. The Leather wrinkles - after 7 weeks & 4K miles I noticed wrinkles in the leather ... weird looking .. but could be worse if it was light leather due to pants color rub off on beige, or gray.

All in all I WOULD BUY THESE SEATS AGAIN! they are just the most darn comfortable seats I have experienced in a car. Yes, they BEAT business/First class in a jetliner.

I am currently driving an '05 Cadillac DTS & those seats have NO support at all .. they are horrible

Originally Posted by Heloha' date='Sep 30 2005, 07:30 PM
Do comfort seats take up any leg room behind the seat?
[snapback]177563[/snapback]
I cannot say for sure, but i would say maybe about an Inch. also .. depending on how you adjust the upper part of the backrest - if you like it forward ... it may just give them more room.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Thanks for the insight wizsmaster

I thought about ordering the heated/ventilated seats but the dealer told me I had to also order HUD at which point I had to say no.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i -6speed - Comfort Seats - Premium Package - Premium Sound Package - Cold Weather Package - Ventilated Seats - Xenon -HUD - PDC - Nav

Originally Posted by Heloha' date='Sep 30 2005, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the insight wizsmaster

I thought about ordering the heated/ventilated seats but the dealer told me I had to also order HUD at which point I had to say no.
[snapback]177604[/snapback]
that sounds like a honk of SH*T to me ... never heard of that.

In order to get the Ventilated Seats, you had to get the Perforated leather .. which was an extra charge ... so total it came out to be more than i really cared for .. but being in south florida .. and I drive alot .. the Ventilated Seats are a MUST for me!