E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Delays at the Oxnard VPC

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 05:35 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by ornament' date='Dec 23 2004, 06:33 PM
All of the V8s need to stay longer for reprograming??? That's pretty bad for me....
[snapback]72047[/snapback]
I HOPE not! I want my car... still waiting... got off the boat on the 15th...
Old 12-26-2004, 10:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Well, here it is December 26th and still no sign of my 545. I spoke to my SA on Friday and he said they were delivering cars over the holiday weekend and mine was scheduled for delivery on the 25th. It had been previously scheduled for the 21st, but they "bumped" me to the 25th. I called BMW NA Customer Service, asked to speak to a "manager" and was refused. The person I spoke with said they had no control over my delivery and I should contact my sales manager. How they could have no control over their own facility, I do not know. One would think that it is their VPC and process and under their control. I guess they simply do not care about us once we have paid for our cars. I called the sales manager and he had pretty much the same story as my SA except that he thought it would show up on the 24th.

Today, the 26th, I called my SA and he said my car still is not in. I am now at 9 weeks and 2 days from drop of and no sign of my car. So, I have effectively been "bumped" yet a second time. I think that this situation stinks. Twice they have set up an expectation for delivery and twice they have dissapointed me. I am now re-thinking ever doing business with BMW again. This may simply be my last one.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:36 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by gwf545' date='Dec 26 2004, 11:13 AM
Well, here it is December 26th and still no sign of my 545.? I spoke to my SA on Friday and he said they were delivering cars over the holiday weekend and mine was scheduled for delivery on the 25th.? It had been previously scheduled for the 21st, but they "bumped" me to the 25th.? I called BMW NA Customer Service, asked to speak to a "manager" and was refused.? The person I spoke with said they had no control over my delivery and I should contact my sales manager.? How they could have no control over their own facility, I do not know.? One would think that it is their VPC and process and under their control.? I guess they simply do not care about us once we have paid for our cars.? I called the sales manager and he had pretty much the same story as my SA except that he thought it would show up on the 24th.?

Today, the 26th, I called my SA and he said my car still is not in.? I am now at 9 weeks and 2 days from drop of and no sign of my car.? So, I have effectively been "bumped" yet a second time.? I think that this situation stinks.? Twice they have set up an expectation for delivery and twice they have dissapointed me.? I am now re-thinking ever doing business with BMW again.? This may simply be my last one.
[snapback]72582[/snapback]
Well it is true... they dont have complete control over at the VDC. Depending on where your car was in the ship it could have been the first one to arrive at the VDC off the ship or could have been the last one off the ship. Then they have to truck it to the VDC and depending if there were any damages that needs to be fixed.

My car was suppose to arrive sometime last week before christmas as told by the dealer but it still hasnt... and the dealer said they are not shipping cars on Christmas, I dont blame them, so tomorrow (Monday, Dec 27) they would resume trucking again and I'm hoping that it would arrive at the dealer.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Contributors

Good luck. Mine has been in Hueneme since 12/4, cleared customs 12/7. If there is any kind of order in the processing, I'd guess you won't be seeing your car tomorrow or even next week. I really hate being such a pessimist, but the impression I get from my two missed deliveries is that they are totally hosed up.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gwf545' date='Dec 26 2004, 03:15 PM
Good luck.? Mine has been in Hueneme since 12/4, cleared customs 12/7.? If there is any kind of order in the processing, I'd guess you won't be seeing your car tomorrow or even next week.? I really hate being such a pessimist, but the impression I get from my two missed deliveries is that they are totally hosed up.
[snapback]72635[/snapback]
Ya from reading this board it seems that way but I'm hoping for some luck that it'll still happen.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

I live here in the east, and they have two VPC's on the east coast, N.J., and Charleston, S.C. It is my understanding that N.J is now just for the 11 state eastern region, while Charleston is now for the 11 state southeastern region and also for the mid-west . That leaves an awlful lot of population feeding through one VPC (Oxnard). Perhaps they need two VPC's for the west, too. Just my .002. By the way, I'm waitng, too. My car hits Charleston 12/28 or 12/29.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:47 AM
Contributors

Yes, it seems that the VDC they have out here is woefuly inadaquate or the management is totally inept. Add to that the incorrect/inaccurate status we are getting and you have a real mess. I received a call from my sales guy this morning. They are changing their story yet again. Last week he and his sales manager were saying the Oxnard VDC "report" indicated they were now going to transport my car to the dealer on the 24th or 25th. Prior to that it had been the 21st. Now their story is that the VDC was completely shut down from the 24th through the 27th and re-opens tomorrow.

This is starting to remind me of the Abbot & Costello routine "Who's on first?". The sad part is that those of us waiting for our cars continue to wait without any idea of when they will arrive. I told my story to Panke, the BMW CEO, via email, but who knows if that really goes anywhere except in the garbage can. At least it didn't bounce back to me. I sent similar email to BMW NA via their web site and Bernhard, the guy in Munich who initially delivered the car to us. Telephone customer assistance refused to help at all or provide another contact. 9 weeks, 4 days and counting since drop off in Zurich.
Old 12-27-2004, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gwf545' date='Dec 27 2004, 11:47 AM
Last week he and his sales manager were saying the Oxnard VDC "report" indicated they were now going to transport my car to the dealer on the 24th or 25th.? Prior to that it had been the 21st.? Now their story is that the VDC was completely shut down from the 24th through the 27th and re-opens tomorrow.?
[snapback]72824[/snapback]
OMG! thats the same story I got... my car was suppose to arrive at the dealer on the 24th... or if not it would be today the 27th but STILL No call... if VDC is closed then H3LL when will we ever get our cars? This bugs me.
Old 12-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Contributors

Complain to BMW NA and also to Group in Germany. It probably won't do us any good, but for people down the road it might.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:22 AM
Contributors

Just talked to my sales guy. Says he contacted the VPC and that my car is awaiting trucking. (I'd bet it's been in that status since last week.) It should be here tomorrow or the next day. Maybe even today! Yeah, right, when pigs fly.

Quick Reply: Delays at the Oxnard VPC