E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

dealer messed up my rims!! HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i
Smile

Well, I finally got my mat sensor fixed for the recall. Dealer washed the car before giving it back to me, which was great. When I got it back, I looked at the wheels and noticed brownish stain/tint on my polish lip, all FOUR! It seemed like they washed it and let the soap/cleaner dry on the wheels and never wiped it dry. I tried rewashing it and wiping it really hard with negative results! Any suggestion how to get it back to life. I told the dealer and told me to go back so they can look at it. Wont be able to go back until next week......
Old 05-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by suthurnbimmur' post='887155' date='May 22 2009, 11:05 PM
Well, I finally got my mat sensor fixed for the recall. Dealer washed the car before giving it back to me, which was great. When I got it backed, I looked at wheels and noticed brownish stain on my polish lips, all FOUR! It seemed like, they washed it and let the soap/cleaner dry on the wheels and never wiped it dry. I tried rewashing it and wiping it really hard with negative results! Any suggestion how to get it back to life. I told the dealer and told me to go back so they can look at it. Wont be able to go back until next week......
Just call them again and make them confirm that they understand what is going on so they don't tell you it happened in the last week.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

pictures?

Originally Posted by suthurnbimmur' post='887155' date='May 22 2009, 08:05 PM
Well, I finally got my mat sensor fixed for the recall. Dealer washed the car before giving it back to me, which was great. When I got it back, I looked at the wheels and noticed brownish stain/tint on my polish lip, all FOUR! It seemed like they washed it and let the soap/cleaner dry on the wheels and never wiped it dry. I tried rewashing it and wiping it really hard with negative results! Any suggestion how to get it back to life. I told the dealer and told me to go back so they can look at it. Wont be able to go back until next week......
Old 05-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Senior Members

I did called them and told them I wont be able to come until Monday or Tuesday. They said they will try to fix it if it wont come off. Just wondering how it will get fixed?!?! Do they have to send it away or can I do something now so wont have to make a trip back to the dealer......
Old 05-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

You try polish?
Old 05-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Senior Members

Try a quick polish.
I find it hard to imagine that soap would leave a "stain" on the wheel.

If it doesn't work, definitely go back and have a discussion with the dealer.

Good luck.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Senior Members

I dont think they used soap, it was probably some wheel cleaner spray. I was thinking about using mother polish on it but will it ruin the finish on it since it sealed/finished with something, or is it safe to use the polish? Will try to post pics in a few..
Old 05-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Contributors

do you have chrome wheels? or a mirror finish?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='887205' date='May 22 2009, 11:53 PM
do you have chrome wheels? or a mirror finish?
I feel dumb, to be honest, I dunno. They are Vossens, just was on their website and stated a stainless steel lip?!??! I am guessing a mirror finish, I dont think its chrome plated. I took some pics, here they are. It comes out whitish in the pic but in person looks brownish. I tried rubbing it off and wont come off, Im so PISSED!! Been babying these wheels and out all people, the dealer F&*ks them up!!!

dealer messed up my rims!! HELP!!-cimg0532.jpg

dealer messed up my rims!! HELP!!-cimg0526.jpg
Old 05-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Your lip looks pretty shiny most likely chrome. If the chrome is stained you're pretty much SOL and need to get them re-chromed. Sorry don't mean to be the bearer of bad news.

If they are polished you might be able to get them re-polished, but I'm pretty sure it's chrome.

Keep us updated.

Michael
Acute Performance

Quick Reply: dealer messed up my rims!! HELP!!