E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A complete list of well known problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 12:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nevermind' post='329374' date='Aug 31 2006, 11:27 PM
Unavailability of replacement RFTs.
Impossibility of repairing the above.
Er, even more weight behind getting rid of them!
Old 09-02-2006, 01:05 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation

the problems listed are some how common ones which i believe the majority of e60 users had experienced for example:

winshield
door noise
software
etc..

but i myself had a problem since day one and it stayed unsolved for the past 2 years almost in which my car went to the delaer for this particular issue more that 7 times :'( (in one of these visites it satyed there for a full month and 3 days).

last thursday i had my car back (visit number 8) it stayed there for exactly 3 weeks, but this time i hope (or otherwise i will be shocked to death) the problem is solved

the problem was:
after drving car for some time (45mnts to 1 hour) i start hearing ticking noise coming from the front end and for this they changed the following:

stearing rack (2 times)
Axe Holder
complete suspension system (2 front sides)
complete braking system (2 front sides)
the lower part of the stearing

in this last visit:
the NEW service manager informed me that they changed the front balance bar(!!!). since last thursday till date i did not drive the car much. i will be waiting for a couple of days to check before i confirm that this taboo is gone for ever

regards
Old 09-03-2006, 08:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i step, nav, sport, 166 wheels, premium sound, don't need nothin' else.

Try running the fan without the a/c on once in a while, especially on cooler days when you don't need a/c. That seems to check the odor to a minimum. Otherwise, a complete cleaning with the Wynn's Aircomatic.
Your dealer should have one.

http://www.wynns.ca/data/specs/engli...spec-30208.pdf
Old 09-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 530i 05 M-technic Silvergrey whith beige dakotaleather

Transmission slams(clunk) when parking or driving for while when shifting from D>R>D Not fixed!
Pre-mature battery drain Fixed New softwear and new battery
Door seal creaks like a wooden ship fixed
Engine hesitation when starting in cold days Not fixed they can?t feel that
headlamp moisture RH They cant see it but there is alwaws there
cup-holder replaced
driver's seat moves some time a litle bit then cornering 90 degres or braking slitly in a long corner they dont belive me
Old 09-04-2006, 04:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='329679' date='Sep 1 2006, 10:55 AM
That's a problem I don't have. I can call my car and it tells me where it is.
Well, I suppose I could do that too, but my car is like my kids......it would just ignore me until it needed something!!
Old 09-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Members

530 is three weeks old with 400 miles. Two minor issues: (1) brake "groan or creak" when lifting foot on and off brake pedal, getting less noticeable though, may work itself out. (2) I have steptronic and the automatic gear shift from first to second is kind of abrupt, seems to get less noticeable as car warms up...........anybody else have this kind of quick shift with steptronic?
Old 09-14-2006, 04:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 03 Accord coupe EX-L 5MT

ok, now im scared to buy my E60. im buying used (3yrs, low KM), and i can't afford to have tonns of problems like this if there is on warrenty. how long is warrenty in KM and years for all these internal glitches??? This is making me consider an Acura instead.

strangly enough, my pops S500 has had very few problems in the last 3 years (EIS died, and left rear shock died, but thats it). and he puts LOTS of km on the car, which is why its out of warrenty and he had to pay for it.

on the other hand, my mums E46 hasn't had a single problem in 3 yrs, but her old C240 had tonnes.

oh, im so confused. what to do.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by ShaTR' post='334568' date='Sep 15 2006, 02:01 AM
ok, now im scared to buy my E60. im buying used (3yrs, low KM), and i can't afford to have tonns of problems like this if there is on warrenty. how long is warrenty in KM and years for all these internal glitches??? This is making me consider an Acura instead.

strangly enough, my pops S500 has had very few problems in the last 3 years (EIS died, and left rear shock died, but thats it). and he puts LOTS of km on the car, which is why its out of warrenty and he had to pay for it.

on the other hand, my mums E46 hasn't had a single problem in 3 yrs, but her old C240 had tonnes.

oh, im so confused. what to do.
Don't be scrred! Seriously!!

When you look in our forum you miht think the E60 is the worst car out there, because a lot of posts in our forums are about problems. But I can assure you, the most problems are only minor glitches and software related.
The biggies are rare and mostly result in recalls.

If you buy the E60 you will be happy about it and will not have any regrets!

Don't buy the Acura.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 03 Accord coupe EX-L 5MT

Originally Posted by iceman
Don't be scrred! Seriously!!

When you look in our forum you miht think the E60 is the worst car out there, because a lot of posts in our forums are about problems. But I can assure you, the most problems are only minor glitches and software related.
The biggies are rare and mostly result in recalls.

If you buy the E60 you will be happy about it and will not have any regrets!

Don't buy the Acura.
haha, well, im an 2k3 accord owner, and our forums have a lot less problem posts than yours. granted, beemers are a little different, but there is something to be said about honda quality (honda=acura im sure you know)

anyways, if i buy used 3yrs old 40k km (25k miles), will all these little glitches be covered by my local dealership should they come up?? I'm into beemers, but not at the expensive of my bank account. lol
Old 09-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by ShaTR' post='334571' date='Sep 15 2006, 02:11 AM
haha, well, im an 2k3 accord owner, and our forums have a lot less problem posts than yours. granted, beemers are a little different, but there is something to be said about honda quality (honda=acura im sure you know)

Yeah, the Japanese car manufacturers don't have as many problems, but they are allways about two years behind. The let the others do the testing.
They are not bad cars, but when you want the ultimate "driving" experience, you HAVE to buy a BMW. It handles way different, way better than any Honda or other Japanese car.
And you can trust me, many posts about very very minor stuff. I could post a list about stuff that's not 100% perfect in my cra, but I love my car and have no regrets. All those problems are so minor I don't really bother driving to the dealer. I just wait until I have about five or six glitches and then get a new software uploaded.
Having an advanced computer on wheel like a BMW has more advantages than disadvantages, believe me.
I love perfection, and even though BMW's are far from it, when it comes to the computer, I do love my car and would buy it again!

Quick Reply: A complete list of well known problems