E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 10:05 AM
SDS
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 xi, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Leather,poplar grain wood trimi, prem. pkg., prem. sound pkg., cold weather pkg., steptronic auto. trans., front comfort seats, split folding rear seats w/ski bag,rear heated seating, power rear sunshade and manual rear side window shades, park distance control, BMW on-board navigation system and satellite radio.

I have had my 2006 530xi for two months and have experienced this situation at least three times: I start up the car and the system starts blowing out air but it's not cool, I wait a little while and still nothing, I shut off the "auto" button and push it on again and it then starts blowing out cool air and continues to operate just fine.
Anyone else experience this?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:12 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SDS' date='Sep 13 2005, 12:05 PM
I have had my 2006 530xi for two months and have experienced this situation at least three times:? I start up the car and the system starts blowing out air but it's not cool, I wait a little while and still nothing, I shut off the "auto" button and push it on again and it then starts blowing out cool air and continues to operate just fine.
Anyone else experience this??
[snapback]170067[/snapback]

sounds like somethings not working properly. my a/c is also "instance" cool air and then cold.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

I have another question about the AC. When I start up the engine, the AC is always "On", even I had it turn off before I shut off the car, is it normal??
Old 09-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Yes it is normal for the AC to be on upon restart. I have had a similar issue about the AC blowing but not coold air. It is very sporatic so I have not brought it up with my dealer. I simply turn it off and then back on and it works fine...
Old 09-13-2005, 11:37 AM
SDS
Members

My Ride: 2006 530 xi, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Leather,poplar grain wood trimi, prem. pkg., prem. sound pkg., cold weather pkg., steptronic auto. trans., front comfort seats, split folding rear seats w/ski bag,rear heated seating, power rear sunshade and manual rear side window shades, park distance control, BMW on-board navigation system and satellite radio.

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Sep 13 2005, 03:00 PM
Yes it is normal for the AC to be on upon restart.? I have had a similar issue about the AC blowing but not coold air.? It is very sporatic so I have not brought it up with my dealer.? I simply turn it off and then back on and it works fine...
[snapback]170083[/snapback]

That's how I feel, I don't want to bring it up to the dealer unless it becomes a chronic issue. The less grimey paws on my baby the better. I am very particular about my car and don't like the idea of others messing around unless it's absolutely necessary. I feel better knowing I'm not the Lone Ranger on this....
Old 09-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SDS' date='Sep 13 2005, 02:37 PM
[quote name='kscarrol' date='Sep 13 2005, 03:00 PM']Yes it is normal for the AC to be on upon restart.? I have had a similar issue about the AC blowing but not coold air.? It is very sporatic so I have not brought it up with my dealer.? I simply turn it off and then back on and it works fine...
[snapback]170083[/snapback]

That's how I feel, I don't want to bring it up to the dealer unless it becomes a chronic issue. The less grimey paws on my baby the better. I am very particular about my car and don't like the idea of others messing around unless it's absolutely necessary. I feel better knowing I'm not the Lone Ranger on this....
[snapback]170106[/snapback]
[/quote]
My A/C has been acting up since the get go. I've had 3 software upgrades and still the same. Eventually BMW will address this issue with a future software upgrade.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by Freewilly' date='Sep 13 2005, 01:27 PM
I have another question about the AC.? When I start up the engine, the AC is always "On", even I had it turn off before I shut off the car, is it normal??
[snapback]170072[/snapback]
There was an earlier posting that can fix your issue. If you don't want the AC to come on when you start the engine, simple (before you turn the engine off) press the Auto button and then the Off button. The next time you start the engine, the AC will NOT be ON.

As for my AC experience, one time, it blew artic air until my windows condense on the outside (outside hotter and inside car). Of course, I also had the programming set to high automatic. I still don't interest the logic of low, medium, and high automatic, but that's bmw. I now set mine to medium automatic and have not had any problem as of yet.