5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Climate Control (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/climate-control-15898/)

SDS 09-13-2005 10:05 AM

I have had my 2006 530xi for two months and have experienced this situation at least three times: I start up the car and the system starts blowing out air but it's not cool, I wait a little while and still nothing, I shut off the "auto" button and push it on again and it then starts blowing out cool air and continues to operate just fine.
Anyone else experience this? :wacko:

jgbmw 09-13-2005 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by SDS' date='Sep 13 2005, 12:05 PM
I have had my 2006 530xi for two months and have experienced this situation at least three times:? I start up the car and the system starts blowing out air but it's not cool, I wait a little while and still nothing, I shut off the "auto" button and push it on again and it then starts blowing out cool air and continues to operate just fine.
Anyone else experience this?? :wacko:
[snapback]170067[/snapback]

sounds like somethings not working properly. my a/c is also "instance" cool air and then cold.

Freewilly 09-13-2005 10:27 AM

I have another question about the AC. When I start up the engine, the AC is always "On", even I had it turn off before I shut off the car, is it normal?? :unsure:

kscarrol 09-13-2005 11:00 AM

Yes it is normal for the AC to be on upon restart. I have had a similar issue about the AC blowing but not coold air. It is very sporatic so I have not brought it up with my dealer. I simply turn it off and then back on and it works fine...

SDS 09-13-2005 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Sep 13 2005, 03:00 PM
Yes it is normal for the AC to be on upon restart.? I have had a similar issue about the AC blowing but not coold air.? It is very sporatic so I have not brought it up with my dealer.? I simply turn it off and then back on and it works fine...
[snapback]170083[/snapback]

That's how I feel, I don't want to bring it up to the dealer unless it becomes a chronic issue. The less grimey paws on my baby the better. I am very particular about my car and don't like the idea of others messing around unless it's absolutely necessary. I feel better knowing I'm not the Lone Ranger on this.... :)

ScorpioBMW1 09-13-2005 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by SDS' date='Sep 13 2005, 02:37 PM
[quote name='kscarrol' date='Sep 13 2005, 03:00 PM']Yes it is normal for the AC to be on upon restart.? I have had a similar issue about the AC blowing but not coold air.? It is very sporatic so I have not brought it up with my dealer.? I simply turn it off and then back on and it works fine...
[snapback]170083[/snapback]

That's how I feel, I don't want to bring it up to the dealer unless it becomes a chronic issue. The less grimey paws on my baby the better. I am very particular about my car and don't like the idea of others messing around unless it's absolutely necessary. I feel better knowing I'm not the Lone Ranger on this.... :)
[snapback]170106[/snapback]
[/quote]
My A/C has been acting up since the get go. I've had 3 software upgrades and still the same. Eventually BMW will address this issue with a future software upgrade. o:)

Bimmer32 09-13-2005 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Freewilly' date='Sep 13 2005, 01:27 PM
I have another question about the AC.? When I start up the engine, the AC is always "On", even I had it turn off before I shut off the car, is it normal?? :unsure:
[snapback]170072[/snapback]

There was an earlier posting that can fix your issue. If you don't want the AC to come on when you start the engine, simple (before you turn the engine off) press the Auto button and then the Off button. The next time you start the engine, the AC will NOT be ON.

As for my AC experience, one time, it blew artic air until my windows condense on the outside (outside hotter and inside car). Of course, I also had the programming set to high automatic. I still don't interest the logic of low, medium, and high automatic, but that's bmw. I now set mine to medium automatic and have not had any problem as of yet.