E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Class Action Lawsuit against BMW

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

I am sure the dealer would fix your problems for you, without involking lawyers.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by pharding' post='445876' date='Jul 10 2007, 03:45 PM
I refuse to participate even though I am eligble. These lawsuits designed to primarily enrich greedy lawyers. Any other benefits are secondary to lining their pockets.
I'm not joining it... I read it and tossed it. I hate Class Action Law suites... they usually do me almost zero benefit and make other people filthy rich for doing nothing. SOME lawyers need to find real ways to EARN their money.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

I think I got it did not even open the envelope yet. Mine was fixed years ago I will not participate in this strong arm garbage! Now if we all look back we can see why we had that challenge screen on the idrive, for the early adopters cause of this kinda crap. Great forethought on BMW's part.

This country is while still being the best is falling by the wayside, we picket and protest things that are wrong but have no over all bearing on things (PETA)
Sure senseless dog fighting is wrong, but to try and kill someones lively hood on alligations is not right express your concern in a more subduded manner.

I don't see the protest for our Troops beening slaughtered worse than dogs, I don't see the protest for our elderly (fixed income) , young, and poor not being able to afford or even if they pay for it have adiquate health care. Medicare a joke all parts A B C D----keep changeing alphabets to confuse use even more.

Where is the protest for Ginaldo Parker young man from Atlanta wrongly imprisoned for a concentual sex act, yet Scooter Libby serves no jail time and still gets to keep his lively hood.

Where are the protest when the Corprations are paying CTO CFO CCO millions of dollars a year plus bonuses plus plus plus, but are laying off the average wage worker at 50,000 a year and less eg. the big 3 auto makers, Circuit city, Cable company, Telco companies (verizon labor contract ends 08)

Homeless people abound and I bet most of you PETA people would sooner step over them and feed, clothe, and find the dog he is with than him. Let's picket sue and protest the things that will bring our nation back into the power house that a DEMOCRACY is supposed to have.

Now I know I drive a e60 so first people may think I am rich have a high paying job big house and the like some of which is true, but most of you like me are middle class and we get the shaft I help when I can and do what I can. I work very hard and like nice things for me and my family not a crime the just the American dream.

Sorry for the rant just watched Sicko again and my stomache hurt.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 550 AW 2005 530AW GONE

I agree with "Buddy", your dealer will gladly fix the problem if there is a fault found. My dealer went as far as replacing the seat sensors even though there were to faults found. The dealer basically goodwill the part/labor and even valet my car to my office. The problem was noted in early 2005 and my dealer re-coded and replaced the mat in 2005. The lawsuit basically pays the attorney and the ONE guy that made it a big deal. The rest of us gets a pat on the back.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

i did not recieve a letter, but i had this problem in my car and took it in 3 wks ago to get fixed. couple of hours later dealer called me and said the car was done... picked it up and no more warning sign or malfuntion... then 2 days ago bmw called me and said mr..... your part is in for your car.. i said what part, they said the rt front pass. seat.. told them it was fixed,,, was then put on hold and my s.a talked to me and said that they didnt replace the part, and had to order it,,, so here i am driving around with the part disconnected ..how scary is that.... what do guys think i should say to the s.a about this.. kinda pissed now.ericd
Old 07-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by ericdbs' post='453071' date='Jul 29 2007, 10:59 AM
i did not recieve a letter, but i had this problem in my car and took it in 3 wks ago to get fixed. couple of hours later dealer called me and said the car was done... picked it up and no more warning sign or malfuntion... then 2 days ago bmw called me and said mr..... your part is in for your car.. i said what part, they said the rt front pass. seat.. told them it was fixed,,, was then put on hold and my s.a talked to me and said that they didnt replace the part, and had to order it,,, so here i am driving around with the part disconnected ..how scary is that.... what do guys think i should say to the s.a about this.. kinda pissed now.ericd

Ask them for a hefty discount on extended warranty if you want to keep your... or couple of free oil changes after free maintenance expires... or some credit towards the parts store if you have stuff to buy.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i JETBLACK/BLACK DAKOTA, COLD WEATHER PKG, PREMIUM PKG, ADAPTIVE XENON HEADLIGHTS, AUTO TRANSMISSION WITH 6 SPEED STEPTRONIC, BLUETOOTH SETUP,SAT SETUP AND WIFE AS CO-PILOT

thanks eric.... i will see what they say... they did however disabled my drl for free.. but still they should of told me.ericd
Old 07-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pharding' post='445876' date='Jul 10 2007, 03:45 PM
I refuse to participate even though I am eligble. These lawsuits designed to primarily enrich greedy lawyers. Any other benefits are secondary to lining their pockets.
Everyone hates lawyers and lawsuits until they need them. Strong financial liabilities keep companies honest, if they know they can't get away with certain things they won't try.

Aside: Medical malpractice suits are getting ridiculous, though, they need to be capped.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Tangled' post='453090' date='Jul 29 2007, 02:52 PM
Aside: Medical malpractice suits are getting ridiculous, though, they need to be capped.
Until you need it...

Just kidding, not a fan of the lawsuit happy society we have become.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by Tangled' post='453090' date='Jul 29 2007, 02:52 PM
Everyone hates lawyers and lawsuits until they need them. Strong financial liabilities keep companies honest, if they know they can't get away with certain things they won't try.
Spoken like a true lawyer. Is this class action lawsuit really necessary? Lawyers in the suit are out to to line their pockets at our expense on this one. And this is relatively typical. If one looks at polls of which professions are respected in American society, lawyers fall to the bottom, right around used car salesmen. Congress should make the loser pay in unsuccessful lawsuits. However most members of Congress are lawyers, so that will never happen.

Quick Reply: Class Action Lawsuit against BMW