E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CIC upgrade: do I need "woofer fix"

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im all in on the CIC upgrade commonly reported on here by Nelson & the gang.
Bought it from Patryk & BimmerTech.

Question:

I have Logic 7 already as part of my car.

But Ive also read about the woofer fix needed for e60 CIC upgrades.
Will I have to do this if I have Logic 7? ie: does the problem of bass dropout only apply to non Logic 7 systems.

Im really hoping I dont have to work around this as Im not into splicing or cutting into wires or adding amps, as Ive seen done to solve this...

please help.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

L7 performs just fine with the CIC
Old 08-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by TheRacerBoss
L7 performs just fine with the CIC
Racerboss: Good to hear from you. Ive read many of your contributions to the multitude of threads on CIC upgrade.
Appreciate all of that.

Glad Im out of 1 of the potential challenges of this install Im taking on.

Let me try you for another question if I can:

I have 2004 e60, and for the CIC upgrade, Im going to also put in the new LCI climate controls.
Ive seen a thread from the gang talking about the 21 pin power mod needed if you do this.
Does that apply to all mods, ie: do I need to do that as well? is there any other cutting/splicing I need to plan on to get the new LCI climate control in place prior to the final coding?
Old 08-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

how many times have you used the climate control features via the CCC? If the answer is none or very few my advice would be to install the LCI buttons on your pre-LCI ac panel itself. It works a lot better than the LCI panel with the hack. But to answer your question, yes you need the hack.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
how many times have you used the climate control features via the CCC? If the answer is none or very few my advice would be to install the LCI buttons on your pre-LCI ac panel itself. It works a lot better than the LCI panel with the hack. But to answer your question, yes you need the hack.
Bruce, stoked to get your reply as well.
Thank you for your contributions on the many other threads.

to your point:
Ive never controlled my AC through my current drive. I always manipulate it directly through the external knobs & dials.
If I stick with the pre LCI control panel (and just deal w/ the small gaps which are no big deal to me) am I totally good to go w/ my AC, outside of the fact it wont be recognized within the CCC specs?
ie: no wire hacks, full control like I used to have, and no engine fan or other odd issues created?

If so, that is exactly the direction I am going to go.

Does this reduce this step to simply unplugging & then replugging in the current Climate panel I have once the CCC is dropped in?
(Would be awesome to remove another potential headache)
Old 08-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by Maddog-99
If I stick with the pre LCI control panel (and just deal w/ the small gaps which are no big deal to me) am I totally good to go w/ my AC, outside of the fact it wont be recognized within the CCC specs?
If things worked fine with the wiring hacks I'd recommend them, but they don't. The wiring hack simply allows it to appear to function.

You can deal with the gaps by changing the buttons on the pre-LCI ac panel with the LCI buttons. The buttons are available on their own too, so you reduce the expense.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
If things worked fine with the wiring hacks I'd recommend them, but they don't. The wiring hack simply allows it to appear to function.

You can deal with the gaps by changing the buttons on the pre-LCI ac panel with the LCI buttons. The buttons are available on their own too, so you reduce the expense.
thanks again bruce.
couple of quick questions on this:

- do you know where i can get the buttons only? havent found them just googling or on ebay (have found several controllers).
- sticking with my pre LCI climate controller, I simply pop it off for the install & then pop it back on when finishing the install, yes? no special sauce here or routing it through the CIC?
- 6NR & Combox: Ive ordered these as well. Lots of well pictured install logs on the CIC, not so much on the Combox &/or 6nr install. Can anyone direct me to a good/pictured install of these 2 please? Ive searched. Also: does it matter what order I install the hardware in? ie: combox first or last?

thanks.