E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CIC, DVD, NAV, combox questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Just got the CIC, NAV, Combox, DVD in motion retrofitted and I have a couple of questions...I'm sure more questions will arise as I play with it more.

DVD - DVD menu is real quirky...anyway, how do I make the display come up in Zoom mode to make the picture fill the screen by default instead of having to set it all the time?
Navigation: I don't like the "in 300 feet turn right" stuff...Is there a way to make it say the actual street name as well like most other navigations nowadays...I want to to say something like "in 300 feet, turn right on street ave.".

Bluetooth audio vs. USB external audio with iPhone: I haven't played with it much, but is it me or is there 2 separate menus for navigating the iPhone music when using either bluetooth vs. USB external audio? For some reason, bluetooth audio won't work if if the iPhone is plugged in...What if I want to charge my phone and use the bluetooth audio at the same time. I like the menu under bluetooth audio better.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by balbs
Just got the CIC, NAV, Combox, DVD in motion retrofitted and I have a couple of questions...I'm sure more questions will arise as I play with it more.

DVD - DVD menu is real quirky...anyway, how do I make the display come up in Zoom mode to make the picture fill the screen by default instead of having to set it all the time?
Navigation: I don't like the "in 300 feet turn right" stuff...Is there a way to make it say the actual street name as well like most other navigations nowadays...I want to to say something like "in 300 feet, turn right on street ave.".

Bluetooth audio vs. USB external audio with iPhone: I haven't played with it much, but is it me or is there 2 separate menus for navigating the iPhone music when using either bluetooth vs. USB external audio? For some reason, bluetooth audio won't work if if the iPhone is plugged in...What if I want to charge my phone and use the bluetooth audio at the same time. I like the menu under bluetooth audio better.
Did you ever get this answered balbs?

Id like to bump this thread
Old 08-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Thanks! Unfortunately no. I've downloaded a CIC guide but haven't really looked at it yet. I'll look at it tonight.