E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

ccc goes from enlish to german

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

My ccc went out and I replaced it with a ccc that I purchased from ebay. I installed it and it will work fine, but then I noticed the menu had changed letters such "communication" now said "comunikaton" and "climate" now said "clima". My idrive controller no longer works when the letters are different, it just free spins. If I do a reset on the ccc, everything goes back to normal but it will always happen again. It is consistent. Now the ebay seller that I got it from did say it was 100% working without any issues, but..... before I call him on it, could this be happening because the ccc is not programmed for my car? or is it really defective?
Old 10-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60

I dont know it might have to program.. Mine does sometimes change the language to german also but I can change it back from Idrive and i dont have any free spins with the ''UFO''
Old 10-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Yes, coding is needed to change the region.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Members

thats what boggles me. why would it change letters and not let the rotary knob work if it was just for another region. and when its reset, it works perfectly fine and in english.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

That concerns me a little too. If it were consistently in German and without working iDrive controller - I would simply suggest you get it coded. I have bought 3 CCC's in the last year and two of them were crap. The first one was stuck on the BMW logo, the second reset every 10 minutes, or just when the song was getting good...whatever came first. I eventually bought a new one because it was getting insane how dishonest sellers can be.

I am assuming you have the force feedback controller that maliciously works against you when you reach the edge of the screen.

When the CCC starts to fail, I have realized it will be intermittent like you are describing. Your specific issue may beyond my scope of experience and knowlege but I would get a refund while/if you can.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Sublime
That concerns me a little too. If it were consistently in German and without working iDrive controller - I would simply suggest you get it coded. I have bought 3 CCC's in the last year and two of them were crap. The first one was stuck on the BMW logo, the second reset every 10 minutes, or just when the song was getting good...whatever came first. I eventually bought a new one because it was getting insane how dishonest sellers can be.

I am assuming you have the force feedback controller that maliciously works against you when you reach the edge of the screen.

When the CCC starts to fail, I have realized it will be intermittent like you are describing. Your specific issue may beyond my scope of experience and knowlege but I would get a refund while/if you can.
Listen to this guy, he knows his CCCs, lol.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

Originally Posted by 1baggeds10
Hello all,

My ccc went out and I replaced it with a ccc that I purchased from ebay. I installed it and it will work fine, but then I noticed the menu had changed letters such "communication" now said "comunikaton" and "climate" now said "clima". My idrive controller no longer works when the letters are different, it just free spins. If I do a reset on the ccc, everything goes back to normal but it will always happen again. It is consistent. Now the ebay seller that I got it from did say it was 100% working without any issues, but..... before I call him on it, could this be happening because the ccc is not programmed for my car? or is it really defective?
The only way to know is to get the tools and diagnose yourself. What's the worst it can cost a few hundred $$? technically you'll have full control over your car and you'll learn a lot. This is the only way you're going to know for sure. What it sounds like is definitely a software issue. I don't know too much about coding other than using Progman but i do know if you do not have your original parts then you'll have a hard time. You could use WINKFP and NCS to get this thing synced up.
So in your iDrive settings you'll be able to switch the language settings. What you're saying is that you don't do that and your CCC goes from English to German? It doesn't just stay on German or English? Does it ever go to French or Spanish? Do ANY other settings get messed up in the process? If so, I don't think you have a problem with the CCC per se but an another issue that can most likely be resolved with the required tools.