E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: Which Car Should I Buy?
2008 E92 M3 CPO Silverstone
20.75%
2008 E60 M5 CPO Black Sapphire
79.25%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Car Shopping | Help Needed M3 or M5?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 10:48 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Congrats on your decision. Interested to see what your opinions will be in 1,3,6 months. If you need DPE wheels or any other mods let me know.

Michael
Owner
Acute Performance
Old 11-15-2011, 05:45 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04' 545i, Sport Package, Black, Active Xenon, ARS, Aux Input '10 Tahoe, Black on Black, leather, Nav/XM, 20" tires, full body kit, power 2nd row, loaded '93 Jeep Wrangler, lifted 4.5", 33" meats, Rampage Recovery Bumper w/Tire Swing, etc 25' Aquasport Osprey, Center Console,2012 200 HO Etec

Originally Posted by umichchris
ok so tonight i went back to the dealership to test drive the M3 just one more time....im riding around and enjoying the transmission and the M button configurations. while on the road a car up ahead catches my eye....i mean i can tell from a distance that this is something special so i speed up a bit to catch him.....the dude must see me coming and floors it....im confused like 'why is this guy running from me? is it because im in an M3 and he wants to race??' ....im not racing on a damn test drive so i let him go on ahead....eventually he slows down and i gradually catch up....this thing is beautiful....its a damn E60.....M5 lol!

all black, LCI model on some silver w/ chrome 20" DPE deep dish wheels....an older guy driving....looks over at me with this "you cant keep up with me mr. little M3" look on his face.....its like fate put that car in front of me as a sign while on my test drive....kinda spooky when i think about it.

so yea....decision made....if im breaking my neck to speed up to, catch and fawn all over an E60 M5 while TEST DRIVING an M3 then its obvious which car i should choose. decision made. firmly.

Thanks for your input guys!

wish me luck this week!
^^^Love this!!! Kinda made it easy for you huh? Good luck! And post many pics once you get it!
Old 11-15-2011, 06:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by umichchris
ok so tonight i went back to the dealership to test drive the M3 just one more time....im riding around and enjoying the transmission and the M button configurations. while on the road a car up ahead catches my eye....i mean i can tell from a distance that this is something special so i speed up a bit to catch him.....the dude must see me coming and floors it....im confused like 'why is this guy running from me? is it because im in an M3 and he wants to race??' ....im not racing on a damn test drive so i let him go on ahead....eventually he slows down and i gradually catch up....this thing is beautiful....its a damn E60.....M5 lol!

all black, LCI model on some silver w/ chrome 20" DPE deep dish wheels....an older guy driving....looks over at me with this "you cant keep up with me mr. little M3" look on his face.....its like fate put that car in front of me as a sign while on my test drive....kinda spooky when i think about it.

so yea....decision made....if im breaking my neck to speed up to, catch and fawn all over an E60 M5 while TEST DRIVING an M3 then its obvious which car i should choose. decision made. firmly.

Thanks for your input guys!

wish me luck this week!

I completely agree Chris, I have lusted after every M5 ever made as they came out. Whereas there is really only 1 M3 I have ALWAYS wanted, and that's the first one, the E30. There is just something about a true 4 door SUPERCAR. It can literally blow the doors off exotics while hauling passengers, you can't beat that (for proof ask member DBae1978 to send you video links of him killing a Lambo with passengers and luggage in the car )
Old 11-15-2011, 05:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

hahaha! i go out tonight in downtown Royal Oak (for my Michiganders) and this same car is still haunting me! is the world truly that small or is fate sending this beauty my way repeatedly to push me over the edge? well either way it goes, i made up my mind yesterday. ill be hitting the dealership in the morning to talk details....hopefully we can come to agreeable terms....
Attached Thumbnails Car Shopping | Help Needed M3 or M5?-photo-40-.jpg  
Old 11-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Are both of them CPO cars, or just the M3? Being an 08, I'm guessing both are off warranty or going off warranty soon.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

note: the car above is the one i saw driving around while test driving the M3....NOT the M5 that i plan to buy.

the M5 is already CPO'd....they were going to CPO the M3 for me for free as part of the deal....ultimately i told them i wanted the M5 though...

Originally Posted by ProMed
Are both of them CPO cars, or just the M3? Being an 08, I'm guessing both are off warranty or going off warranty soon.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

Good choice
Old 11-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i 6spd sport Sapphire black...well satin white wrap

I feel you made the right choice! I guess that means no rubber mats for me in my near future!?!?!?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

Glad you made the right choice!! In fact, I cant believe you were that torn over those two cars. The clear choice is the M5, you know you wont regret it. The beast has always been on my list of goals. Congrats man, keep grindin'! Post pics for certain!
Old 11-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 550i M Sport
Model Year: 2010
Engine: 4.8L V8

M3 = Damn!...thats pretty nice.

M5 = OH Shiiiiitttt!...that's sick & ridiculous!!

Quick Reply: Car Shopping | Help Needed M3 or M5?