E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car keyed.. again

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 09:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try calling Darwin and Sonic MS (www.sonicms.net). The body shop they use I think is German Auto Body (www.germanautobody.com). Maybe he can hook you up? A friend of mine (who did not use German, he went with some other place, can't remember which one) said half a car was around $3K?

On another note, I was always curious..does repaint go on CarFax or reduce the value of your car? I had heard some people say this and I never understood why. I would expect a professional repaint would keep or even raise the value since it restores the paint to new. Maybe because repaint usually means accident?
Old 08-26-2010, 10:18 AM
Contributors

lol 10,000? wtf is it gold paint? Try 4k to 6k max for a seriously great paint job.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

10k and it wasn't Kandy Paint? LOLz

A full bc/cc paint job should never exceed a few grand.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545/SMG Sport Package HUD Logic 7 Bluetooth NAV Cold Weather Package

Originally Posted by sessionmc
Hello.
So last april, my car was keyed.. big boohoo. Insurance covered. New paint job at the Fremont BMW recommended "EMC Collision" was $10,000. Flash forward today, keyed again. No apparent reason and not even at my house. Damage is less (4 doors and one rear quarter). Deciding not to go the insurance route and pay out of pocket.

Anyone know any good body shops in the Bay Area that are reasonable and reputable? Any idea of cost? I know all 4 doors.. and the rear quarter kind of wraps towards the front.

If you REALLY want pictures... I can get them.. but it's kinda gross (Its a Jet Black BMW)

So you are saying the whole car was keyed previously?
Old 08-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport

Originally Posted by kxmills
So you are saying the whole car was keyed previously?
Yup
Old 08-26-2010, 12:11 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

he has enemies for sure.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:27 PM
Contributors

Hello.
So last april, my car was keyed.. big boohoo. Insurance covered. New paint job at the Fremont BMW recommended "EMC Collision" was $10,000. Flash forward today, keyed again. No apparent reason and not even at my house. Damage is less (4 doors and one rear quarter). Deciding not to go the insurance route and pay out of pocket.

Anyone know any good body shops in the Bay Area that are reasonable and reputable? Any idea of cost? I know all 4 doors.. and the rear quarter kind of wraps towards the front.

If you REALLY want pictures... I can get them.. but it's kinda gross (Its a Jet Black BMW)
So... they know where you live too? That could be problematic..
Old 08-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

Hello.

send me a pm, ill pm u my friends number, sunny auto body by potrero, mention sachal sent u, and explain him how ur going to pay for this out of your pocket, he will hook u up, along with lifetime warranty on paint
Old 08-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
he has enemies for sure.
I would have to agree. ex-gf/wife/employee. It's gotta be something! never burn bridges yo!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport

Nope no enemies.. It was keyed at a mall I usually never go to in a different city.. I guess the hot weather ad a free car wash wasn't a good idea

Quick Reply: Car keyed.. again