E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car has just been knifed!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 05:29 PM
DTD
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i 2009 Mod. with tints all around. Got Splitter and Spoiler coming. May do an exhaust.

It happened to me three weeks ago. I was parked in front of a Restaurant in a Town I wasn't even from. I went into the restaurant next dfoor and sat plainly there watching a Basketball game. I tried the touch up paint, but no I could not deal with it. My rake was only 14 inches. The Dealership took care of me with the job. Charged very minumum. It was very affordable. Guess it pays to stop in every once and a will and bring over pasteries and hot coffee on cold winter days. Can you compund it?
Old 06-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i Monaco blue/cream beige, light poplar trim, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed manual My other rides: Departed: 2006 530xi Silver gray/black, anthracite maple trim, cold, sport, nav, premium, Logic 7, 6 speed steptronic, bluetooth, adaptive xenons Departed...2002 525i White/beige, 5 sp manual

So sorry to hear about that. Very hard to understand...
Old 06-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Senior Members

There's always that same feeling of "if I only saw him actually doing it," the result would be a scene from Hostel on how bad you'll torture him. Hit him with a bat so many times and hope he still lives to feel the pain. Knife him. Man. It's always a horrible feeling having your car "violated."
Old 06-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Im really sorry to hear about that man
Old 06-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='910796' date='Jun 13 2009, 07:53 PM
i was really neurotic when i first got my car i dec. i realized if something like this is going to happen, it is going to happen. if you walked out in the middle of your night to check on your car and saw that you car got keyed, it would ruin the rest of your night. might as well just find out about it in the morning. not only that, but other people will view your constant checking on your car as you being neurotic and/or anal about your car. and if their cars arent as nice as yours, it makes you look pretentious. not flattering. i stopped doing it. haha

but if i was to walk out and see something happening or scare someone off it would all be worth it. even just stepping out from a house party to click the lock button and watch the lights turn on. something like this might stop some little retard from touching it. i typically park a few blocks away from house parties because people get drunk, get jealous, and then get retarded and do stupid stuff.

Or if i know the person they usually let me park in the garage.

parking lots i always park under a light and on the end. only allowing one car at the most to park next to me.

nebraska seems to have a lot nicer people, i think its the wholesome midwest thing. Most people just ask me about the car and explain how they could never learn to use the idrive. mostly old people driving caddie's. My grandma was amazed when i got mine, she now has a 2008 x5. i explained the idrive and bluetooth 3 times a week for the first month.
Old 06-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

Shitty deal, hating piece of shits will always exist :@
Old 06-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Members

So sorry to see this, jealous lowlifes!
Old 06-14-2009, 02:47 AM
Senior Members

Sorry to hear that mate. I have scratches on both sides of my car that look similar to yours , I wonder if some piece of crap has had a go with mine also. I did manage to use a rubbing compound to take one of the scratches out, its not too noticeable in my case guess the perp doesnt have much strength.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:26 AM
Contributors

That sucks - it's a sad commentary when people damage the property of others because of their own state of mind or depravity. Too bad someone didn't see who did it - or if they did would they have let it go on without intervening ?? That's another story :thumbsdown:
Old 06-14-2009, 04:11 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Total lack of respect! A rampant problem among youths today (not all...but too many). Now the burden is on you for repair/expense/time wasted. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Car has just been knifed!!