E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car has just been knifed!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 01:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60
Smile

i feel your pain dood, just been telling my wife about it, i hope to never to catch some one doing it to my car or i may wind up in prison, hope your able to sort it
Old 06-13-2009, 02:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Lee my Friend, I feel your pain! About 2 weeks after we took delivery of our 2008 X5, some SOB keyed the whole driver's side up and onto the hood! It is such a feeling of rage, and there is NO OUTLET for it, especially with our kids around!! I hope it gets repaired quickly, it's just a shame it couldn't have caught these vandals and made them pay!
Old 06-13-2009, 02:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: e36 318i manual convertible top, 5 speed manual, calypso red/black soft top, cassette am/fm radio, heated sand leatherette seats, michelin mxv4 allseason tires (100% stock) e60 545i sport package, 6 speed manual, sapphire black, 18" 124 wheels bridgestone runflats (summer) 17" rial salerno dunlop runflats (winter) navigation, satelite radio, winter package, PDC, sunshades, wood trim, dakota leather seats (100% stock)

Originally Posted by heavy_g' post='910550' date='Jun 13 2009, 02:28 PM
That sucks! I hope you get it fixed soon.

+ 1 Good Luck on the repair. Recently, a fool security guard lightly sideswiped the rear bumper on my 545i in my own condo parking garage! The video camera recorded the 545i hazard lights engage upon impact. As a nearly minimum wage worker, the guard had no insurance and the fly by night security company is employed by the master association which is providing ‟extra security? for my condo association at no cost. Rather than deal with the legal and political mess, I took my car to Perillo BMW and those guys did a wonderful job repairing my car for only $280.00.

Unfortunately, idiot vandals are difficult to avoid. In the future, try parking your car near similar autos and in high visibility but non-conspicuous spots. If your car doesn?t stand out, the morons won?t target it. The marque haters are insecure jealous criminals of impulse and opportunity. They equate a person?s self worth to the type of car they drive. In their mind, when they see your beautiful 535d with option rims, it reminds them of their own lack of achievement. Although I completely understand why you might want to bash their head in, it wouldn?t be worth the trouble. Fix your car and continue to enjoy it, that?s the best revenge.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:38 PM
Members

I have never been jealous of what other people have, mostly I have admired that they worked hard enough to get it and hopefully enjoy. Especially feel that way about autos.
All this class warfare that's being played up the past few months isn't helping the situation. Attitude is if YOU can't have it, then make it miserable for anyone who can.
Hope it's not a pain or a fortune to repair. Great looking car.
Old 06-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Senior Members

bet that's the last e60 drive for the wife huh???? Soory this happened...damn low lifes
Old 06-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Contributors

it's f*cked up man.... dont let it get you down tho... nothing $ can't fix right
Old 06-13-2009, 03:16 PM
Contributors

i know what you are going though. my scratches are my fault. i dont know if that is better or worse then some random lowlife damaging your car.good luck
Old 06-13-2009, 03:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Motherf*uckers!! The people that did this deserve to die a slow and very painful death.

Jealousy and envy are among the ugliest of human emotions.

We're with you brother.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:54 PM
Contributors

reading stories like this has got me so paranoid. when i go out with either my friends or my boyfriend i typically go outside to check on my car multiple times. they all laugh at me but its not going to be funny if i ever come out to something like this!!

OP, good luck with getting it fixed the right way. You should maybe give your insurance company a call.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='910737' date='Jun 13 2009, 07:54 PM
reading stories like this has got me so paranoid. when i go out with either my friends or my boyfriend i typically go outside to check on my car multiple times. they all laugh at me but its not going to be funny if i ever come out to something like this!!

OP, good luck with getting it fixed the right way. You should maybe give your insurance company a call.
i was really neurotic when i first got my car i dec. i realized if something like this is going to happen, it is going to happen. if you walked out in the middle of your night to check on your car and saw that you car got keyed, it would ruin the rest of your night. might as well just find out about it in the morning. not only that, but other people will view your constant checking on your car as you being neurotic and/or anal about your car. and if their cars arent as nice as yours, it makes you look pretentious. not flattering. i stopped doing it. haha

Quick Reply: Car has just been knifed!!