E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car is going BACK INTO THE SHOP

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krozi
Wow fail. What now?
pass side angel eye keeps burning out and they are replacing a broken head rest. the head rest has been a long time problem that hasnt been fixed. The AE is probably the result of yet another electrical short. It has burned out three times in the past two years.

On a positive note... I am now three days under a year left on my lease, and the loaner car was spotless! haha.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Damn your car is one hell of a lemon...how many miles?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Contributors

Damn your car is one hell of a lemon...how many miles?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841
That sucks man....so you got one more year in the lease?
Old 12-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i
Model Year: 2008

wow, I am reading this and I can't even believe how some dealership are ... - that is just amazing. The people at my bmw dealership treat me better than any other car dealership ever had. I am sorry that you have to deal with this... This beats Toyota dealership in Westmont, which in my book is lowest ever in customer service - they are few blocks away from my business, but I always take the car 15 miles away. I would recommend you to do the same....
Old 12-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Contributors

That sucks man....so you got one more year in the lease?
362 days... but who is counting?

Originally Posted by girmis
wow, I am reading this and I can't even believe how some dealership are ... - that is just amazing. The people at my bmw dealership treat me better than any other car dealership ever had. I am sorry that you have to deal with this... This beats Toyota dealership in Westmont, which in my book is lowest ever in customer service - they are few blocks away from my business, but I always take the car 15 miles away. I would recommend you to do the same....
I had a run in with the closer dealership. The salesman I originally test drove a 535 with wouldnt cut me the deal i wanted. He assured me I would be back because I wouldnt find the car at the price I wanted. It was actually only $6 on the monthly payment, but it was principle. I felt he should budge if it "really wasnt that much money". Well the next day I found another 535, with the same options, for the price I wanted... $6 cheaper a month. I bought it from them- primarily to make a point that I am the customer and I am going to get my way. It was Decemeber, and there were a lot more cars then customers at the time... The salesman from Reeves BMW calls me the next day and asks me when I am coming to get the car, I asked him if he would budge to get my price down $6 a month... that was my only stipulation... He said no... and I said, that is fine because I had just picked up a 535 from Feilds for the price I wanted. He went nuts, cursing me out and then hangs up on me... so I dont want to give that dealership any business either.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:38 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Craig, you have really bad times with dealers - don't you. From getting about the worst lemon I have ever heard of in your 535, to getting the craziest salesman ever at the other dealer (seriously WTF kind of sales guy cusses out a potential customer?). I feel for you, maybe next time just do what Brabus did and buy a car online, sight unseen, with a good warranty. That way at least you're guaranteed to avoid nutty salesmen/stalkers cussing at you
Old 12-08-2010, 10:40 AM
New Members

I've heard of problems with the turbo six and some of your troubles could conceivably come from there (the October recall for thr fuel pump). I have a '09 550i with the sports package and I've never gone back to the dealer except for standard maintenance. In fact, in 10 years & 3 BMWs I've only had to replace a battery and an alternator (both under warranty).

Sounds like you may have a damaged electrical harness too and that would be very difficult to fix. Keep after the dealer & have a lawyer write a letter to BMW. They are very image conscious and may give in. They had problems with the initial "Bangle" 7 series release and refunded a number of customers. They also offered to replace the cars.

If possible, try changing dealers. Some auto dealers have been known to "make" work for themselves. And BMW does pay its dealers for warranty work. I'm in the trucking business and this is a common problem in our industry.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:48 AM
Contributors

just got a call from the dealer. they found another problem.... not getting the car back today. They had to order two new complete headlight assemblies. the service guy said something about a resistor problem.

I asked if they have ever had this many problems with a car ever. he said it is extremely rare, but they have.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by craigm1841
just got a call from the dealer. they found another problem.... not getting the car back today. They had to order two new complete headlight assemblies. the service guy said something about a resistor problem.

I asked if they have ever had this many problems with a car ever. he said it is extremely rare, but they have.
Have you tried going to Ferman or Bert Smith? Bert Smith is probably closer to you

Quick Reply: Car is going BACK INTO THE SHOP