E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Car is going BACK INTO THE SHOP

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's back. The detail job is mediocre at best. The car is clean- interior is conditioned/carpets and trunk shampooed (is that the correct spelling?). The exterior job is half-assed. Car wasnt clayed, I cant tell if it was wheeled quite yet, the sun is bright, but not that typical winter sun light, so it is hard to tell- i'll know when I get it in my parking garage later. There are some streaks, and some dry wax on the car. I'll probably take a some spray detailer to it when I get off work.

As I have said before, polishing a jet black car is an art- whoever detailed this car did not master it. This car looks good by the average persons standards, but if some of you guys saw this, your reaction would be the same as mine "the car doesnt look like shit, but they definately could have done a better job"

My car was fairly clean to begin with. For a quick wash/clay/polish I could have turned my car out in 3 hours. This looks like an hour went into the exterior.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:58 AM
Contributors

Your saga merits a visit by the Region Rep from BMWNA ... what you described, aside from a car with soooo many problems is a dealership service center priding itself on "Customer Service Mediocrity".

WHO @ BMWNA doesn't understand that is the perfect strategy to push customers to Lexus, Infinity, Cadillac, M-B, Audi etc etc etc ... OR IS THAT THEIR PLAN ?!?

Old 11-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Senior Members

Fuk Bro,

that Loaner is UN-ACCEPTABLE, that dealer really sucks

Hopefully your car is good by now.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

damn craig your problems w this ride suck, but you sure know how to make it funny as shit hahaha. im with kroz, smoothie+SA= WIN
Old 11-17-2010, 01:54 PM
Contributors

Well- Got an email from the Service Manager. He read this thread. Rest assured if I walk in their with a smoothie, those guys are going to be hiding behind desks and they dont even know why- they just read something about having one thrown at them in this thread- I should send him the "sitting on the side of the road" link. Dont know how they found this thread- but I am glad they did. I wonder if someone from BMWNA contacted them- I know they monitor this forum.

Maybe the next guy will get a clean loaner. I dont think older generations understand the repercussions of conducting shoddy business. People all around the world, albeit about 20 people or so, have read this thread. But at least someone in Finland knows that Fields gives dirty cars.

All joking aside, I doubt they will ever loan another vehicle like that. I think them reading this thread and seeing other BMW enthusiasts responses gave my complaint some merit. It is nice to see the world wide web prevail and give the "little guy" a voice.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Contributors

Man I'm sorry your E60 ended being a POS. I've had my share of runarounds at PACIFIC BMW in Glendale, CA. I hope BMWNA reads this and gets a clue that their dealerships are dicking their customers and honestly making them lose the love for the brand.

The loaner is freakin disgusting. It's honestly amazing how poor customer service is at a lot of the dealerships. The only reason why the customer reviews SEEM ok/good is because the SA's beg for good ratings... my SA's knew I wasn't happy and when it came to wrapping things up, I was NEVER even asked to fill out a review.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:14 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by craigm1841
At least someone in Finland knows that Fields gives dirty cars.
LMFAO
Old 11-18-2010, 05:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Wow, Craig, I cant believe a dealer would give you a loaner in that condition. It looked like egg was all over the interior floor mats, not to mention the dead bugs that you cant see through on the windshield. I think blasting this dealer on this forum will be enough to make all our members known NOT to ever go there! Shame on them, and shame on BMW for letting them represent there cars. Its an embarrassment to say the least. On a different note I wonder if all BMW dealers read this forum?
Old 12-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Contributors

in case anyone was wondering... my car is back in the shop
Old 12-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Wow fail. What now?

Quick Reply: Car is going BACK INTO THE SHOP