E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Can Mirror Autofold be programmed to car

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 11:21 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gudge' post='460410' date='Aug 20 2007, 01:37 PM
Very interested in hearing from anyone who has had autofold programmed to their car so that it works from the key fob lock/unlock button only. In other words you do not have the folding switch on your door console.

What did you ask the dealer in order fro them to program it for you ?
My last car 530D E60 had folding mirror option with additional button on inside of door for manually folding the mirrors, I asked my dealer to program this into the key fob; this was done at no charge.

I have just changed for 535D LCI which also has the fold option, when delivered this was not linked to the key fob, but my dealer took it in the workshop (approx 10 minutes) and programmed into the key again at no cost.

To operate the folding mirrors remotely you just hold the lock button on the key fob for a couple of seconds, I am not sure why BMW don't include this feature in the remote closing as a standard option, it is only programmed on request.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:47 PM
Senior Members

Thanks Mike. I am interested in knowing if it is possible to program where the car does not already have the folding mirror option.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by Gudge' post='461072' date='Aug 21 2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks Mike. I am interested in knowing if it is possible to program where the car does not already have the folding mirror option.
This is something I am really intersted in too. I have a new LCI 525d M Sport and really wish now that I specced it with autofolding mirrors! I will keep an eye on this thread to see if you find a solution.

I recently started a thread about this but was led to believe different door modules are needed?? along with the folding switch & I wasn't made aware the folding function could be made work via the remote.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Gudge' post='460403' date='Aug 20 2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks.......are you based in the UK ?
So even without the internal console folding switch, I can still fold them from my lock/unlock button on key ?
I have elctric fold mirrors but they dont fold when arming the system. I have tried once asking the dealer to program it, however they say they cant find the option to make it so. After already asking this site for help, I've phoned them up (again) and told them they need to activate the car memory. The car is due to go back on the 5th Sep. for another issues (getting BT to work). We'll see what happens.

I feel your pain.. if you're from the UK you also fear the mirrors being taken out by other cars, shopping trolleys, idiots etc...
Old 08-22-2007, 04:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MIINTY' post='461246' date='Aug 22 2007, 06:47 AM
I have elctric fold mirrors but they dont fold when arming the system. I have tried once asking the dealer to program it, however they say they cant find the option to make it so. After already asking this site for help, I've phoned them up (again) and told them they need to activate the car memory. The car is due to go back on the 5th Sep. for another issues (getting BT to work). We'll see what happens.

I feel your pain.. if you're from the UK you also fear the mirrors being taken out by other cars, shopping trolleys, idiots etc...
I have tried Dick Lovett Swindon and Vines of Gatwick. They both say that there needs to be a specific retrofit kit for the E60, which BMW do not produce. I think we all know from this forum that it is possible, but I think the dealers have not been advised on how to activate the autofold, probably because it is something BMW UK do not want people to have.

I have heard of a company in North London that does alot of retrofits to BMW's and Mercedes.....e.g. fit things like OEM SatNav etc. If we can get hold of them, I reckon they may have a solution. I do not know their name, but perhaps someone here does.

Either that or find a dealer who is persistent enough to help find a solution for us.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:57 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by Gudge' post='461297' date='Aug 22 2007, 01:20 PM
I have tried Dick Lovett Swindon They both say that there needs to be a specific retrofit kit for the E60, which BMW do not produce.

I find that amazing, this is the dealer that did this for me on 10/5/06.

My E61 came with folding mirrors but were not set to autofold on locking.

Invoice number 3343422 on 10/5/06 quote - " 'A 6100550' Replace settings in Car/key memory, program mirrors to fold in when car is locked" cost ?22.50 plus VAT = 26.44

My SA was Karlie Williams. Job number 36387.

Ask them why they cannot perform this function on your car.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Gudge' post='461297' date='Aug 22 2007, 01:20 PM
I have tried Dick Lovett Swindon
Had mine done gratis at Dick Lovett Hungerford at the end of April.

The mirrors don't fold simply by "arming" the alarm - you have to keep the remote button held for a second or two. Yes, It's part of CKM (Car/Key Memory programming).

ABC
Old 08-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by KAF' post='461371' date='Aug 22 2007, 05:57 PM
I find that amazing, this is the dealer that did this for me on 10/5/06.

My E61 came with folding mirrors but were not set to autofold on locking.

Invoice number 3343422 on 10/5/06 quote - " 'A 6100550' Replace settings in Car/key memory, program mirrors to fold in when car is locked" cost ?22.50 plus VAT = 26.44

My SA was Karlie Williams. Job number 36387.

Ask them why they cannot perform this function on your car.
KAF.....You are misunderstanding me........Your car already has autofold. The issue is with programming cars that do not have autofold in original spec of car (like mine). This involves "new vehicle orders" .....adding on the option, and then programming it in. This is what dealers are either clueless on how to perform, or have been instructed by BMW UK not to perform.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Gudge' post='461437' date='Aug 22 2007, 08:08 PM
...KAF.....You are misunderstanding me........Your car already has autofold. The issue is with programming cars that do not have autofold in original spec of car (like mine). ...
Hmmm... I think there could be some confusion in terminology here.

In my case I specified folding mirrors as an option BUT they could not be operated from the remote control key.

I have had the Car/Key Memory reprogrammed to allow operation from the remote control by holding down the lock button.

There is no "autofold" AFAIK.

ABC
Old 08-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by aybeesea' post='461464' date='Aug 22 2007, 09:30 PM
Hmmm... I think there could be some confusion in terminology here.

In my case I specified folding mirrors as an option BUT they could not be operated from the remote control key.

I have had the Car/Key Memory reprogrammed to allow operation from the remote control by holding down the lock button.

There is no "autofold" AFAIK.

ABC
Specifying folding mirrors as an option = Autofold..........At least that is the terminology that I am using.

In theory autofold should be programmable to any E60 (provided you have the motorised "autofold" mirrors in the first place), because, apparently, all the relevant modules are the same on all E60's.

Hope that clarifies.......I am trying to avoid any cofusion.

Quick Reply: Can Mirror Autofold be programmed to car