E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

buff this out

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That fat bumper reminds me of the G35's... I guess everything DOES look bigger in Texas...
Old 05-14-2010, 11:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport (6-speed)

I thought I was looking at that new little Lexus hybrid and was wondering what's wrong with the photo......
Old 05-15-2010, 01:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

am i missing something? where's the scratch???
Old 05-15-2010, 05:37 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 530i. Purchased 6/28/07. Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Dark Poplar Trim, Steptronic, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Bluetooth, Adaptive Control Xenons. 10/30/07 Added OEM 124s with 245/40/18 & 275/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Installed red Cal Covers� from BavAuto. 11/21/07 Added OEM all-weather floor mats (for winter, carpet in summer) and coat rack. 6/26/08 installed M5-style rear spoiler. 6/30/08 put on red reflectors. 8/22/08 Euro turn signal stickers applied. 3/20/09 Installed Shadowline Trim. 3/27/09 Added Matte Black Kidney Grilles from Trinity. 4/03/09 Installed Bimmian Shadow Matte Black 530i Badges. 4/04/09 Installed LED license plate lights from Trinity. 5/01/09 Installed Brabus Interior LED Kit and White Angel Eyes. 5/02/09 Put in Brabus 6K Fogs. 5/14/09 Removed charcoal filter. 5/15/09 Installed light smoke LED side marker lamps from Trinity. 5/21/09 Sprint Booster. 6/12/09 Painted exhaust tips flat black. 6/13/09 Pulled red Cal Covers and painted calipers low gloss black. 6/27/09 RPI Ram Air Scoop from Trinity. 8/15/09 Installed Brabus's silver invisibulbs front and rear. 9/24/09 Installed R-Dash license plate LEDs from Brabaus (John).

M-tech
Old 05-15-2010, 06:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Jet Black 528i Navigation, heated seats, premium

Guys those are the stock LCI taillights. I've never done any kind of mods to my car. That's what they look after being rear-ended by a Dodge 3500 moving truck. Funny part, waited for two hours for a tow arranged through BMW assist. When the wrecker finally arrived, he said he had never towed a BMW before, and didn't know how to do it. So, as he's looking around for the tow points under the car, I said to him "can't find the tow points, huh". He called a buddy who informed him to look for the tow hook in the trunk - mind you, you see the condition the trunk is in. So, I thanked him for his time, and drove the car home to wait safely in the garage until the insurance calls, hopefully today. Of course I called BMW assist on the way home and thanked them for sending such a wonderful wrecker.

I can't believe people would accuse me of taking off my LCI taillights and using all-clear - the shame of it all!
Old 05-15-2010, 06:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Late 2005 M5 in Silverstone Metallic II with Full Black Leather Interior. SMG, LOGIC7, Heated Front Seats, Rear Electric Sun Blind, Comms Package, Professional Nav, TV Function, Extended Voice Control, Adaptive Headlights

Jeeez! That's a bad rear ender! Good to see your spirits are high still! I don't think mine would be if that happened to my car! Those 3500's are probably one of the worst things to hit you. Second to a semi!
Old 05-15-2010, 06:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works miracles. But aeiously, sorry to see and hear it man. Hope everything works out.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:08 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i

Originally Posted by rbcook
Guys those are the stock LCI taillights. I've never done any kind of mods to my car. That's what they look after being rear-ended by a Dodge 3500 moving truck. Funny part, waited for two hours for a tow arranged through BMW assist. When the wrecker finally arrived, he said he had never towed a BMW before, and didn't know how to do it. So, as he's looking around for the tow points under the car, I said to him "can't find the tow points, huh". He called a buddy who informed him to look for the tow hook in the trunk - mind you, you see the condition the trunk is in. So, I thanked him for his time, and drove the car home to wait safely in the garage until the insurance calls, hopefully today. Of course I called BMW assist on the way home and thanked them for sending such a wonderful wrecker.

I can't believe people would accuse me of taking off my LCI taillights and using all-clear - the shame of it all!

Glad you are OK. Where did that happen? People here don't know how to drive on dry roads, let alone wet ones....
Old 05-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Jet Black 528i Navigation, heated seats, premium

35 North at the Northwest Highway exit ramp. I was just sitting at the stop light, one car ahead of me(luckily I did NOT hit them)! The driver of the truck said his brakes just locked up and just smashed into the back of me. I'm going to take it to the Classic BMW Collision Center in Richardson. They said they would store it indoors until Allstate would come and look at it.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Alpine White on Black interior, Sport and Premium Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Xenon Adaptive Headlights, Mtec V2.1 angel eyes,Hoen Fog Lights, Full M-Tech kit, ACS pedals, LED plate lights, CF Steering Wheel badge, CF Titanium trim, OE

Originally Posted by rbcook

seriously I did not thought this was really your car, but Im so sorry to what happened, Im glad your ok and your spirits are still high, coz if this happened to me ahhhh I'll be miserable for days, hope everything works out!! , sorry again!!

Quick Reply: buff this out