E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

buff this out

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd try paintless dent removal first! Glad you're OK.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i

Originally Posted by rbcook
35 North at the Northwest Highway exit ramp. I was just sitting at the stop light, one car ahead of me(luckily I did NOT hit them)! The driver of the truck said his brakes just locked up and just smashed into the back of me. I'm going to take it to the Classic BMW Collision Center in Richardson. They said they would store it indoors until Allstate would come and look at it.

Hope everything gets resolved to your satisfaction and you get your baby back soon.

John
Old 05-15-2010, 10:04 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

It looks like it could buff out O.K., but I think your 50/50 weight dsitribution may be a little more like 65/35 now, so watch out for excessive oversteer.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I hate all white tail lights... too Japanese looking. Please replace the red lens for my sake.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Jet Black 528i Navigation, heated seats, premium

Thanks guys for all your concerns/thoughts. I really appreciate it. I've just the last two days saying "it's just a car!" So, the car is at Classic BMW Collision Center in Richardson, Texas. Just waiting on the other guy's insurance to come look at it. I'm driving a sweet white Impala in the meanwhile. Question: How come every Chevrolet smells EXACTLY the same on the inside? Oh well, better than an Aveo. I'll keep everyone updated. Thanks again! PS, does anyone have an opinion on an accident attorney here in Dallas.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

hah I've had issues with tow trucks before myself - someone hit my car when it was parked and it was not drivable. Next thing I know, the tower wants to just lift the front and tow it with the rears rolling. I'm like "not only is it a BMW, but it is AWD - there's no possible way you can do this!" He said "I've done this before and it wasn't a problem"... that's when I told him to get the **** away from my car and spent another hour finding a quasi-decent flatbed to tow my baby to the shop. I was more pissed at that tow truck dude than at whoever hit my car and ran away!

Anyway, I'm glad to see you're ok and that you're keeping those spirits high That's the attitude - no matter how hard you get knocked down, its all about how fast you get up

Now, get them M-techs on that car!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:50 AM
Contributors

Reminds me of 1981 when I was rear-ended in downtown Chicago while driving my brand new Saab 900. I drove it back to South Dakota with the trunk bungie-corded. Saab had the best head rests back then, and I was so thankful.

Glad you're OK.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Navy 550I

They better total out the car, because it will never drive the same. Sorry for the loss tho. Hope you cried.... For the back pain your gonna feel.lol
Old 05-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by kane1111
They better total out the car, because it will never drive the same. Sorry for the loss tho. Hope you cried.... For the back pain your gonna feel.lol
It will drive the same if its fixed by people who know what they're doing, man! Don't worry, OP - it'll drive the same. Just have to be sure that everything is fixed to OEM spec and that you test the car out. I've had a situation where my rear wheel was hit by someone in a snowstorm, while parked and I had the insurance pay for almost the entire rear end. But it drives just as well as better than before now
Old 05-18-2010, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Originally Posted by rbcook
PS, does anyone have an opinion on an accident attorney here in Dallas.
Yeah, they should all be tide up and thrown in the Trinity River. Kidding of course. The only guy I can think of is Jim S Adler "The Texas Hammer" and thats because of watching too much late night TV.

Glad to see your okay.

Quick Reply: buff this out