E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Nav update

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 06:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

I found it. Go under "i" icon on the left side of the nav and choose destination on location the car and travel you will see the Red light camera, choose it and search for it then exit and go back to the map you will see the camera icons showing on the map.

Originally Posted by Glockz
+1...I've been unable to find this menu as well.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by rhnorb
It's amazing to me that people who can aford a $60,000 car would cheat and steal to save $200 and think nothing of it. I guess that speaks volumes about the ethics of the "new" generation in this country.

It amazes me that BMW would sell you a $65k car and not provide Nav firmware support along with the NAV discs every year they update! I think more people would be more apt to spend $200-300 on a newer Nav disc every year, if BMW would spend some time updating the actual NAV system, instead of just giving you an updated phone book!

my $.02!

Now that I am done testing, Im heading straight to my "stealership" to do the right thing!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by Moopai
The cams don't work. I put the destination for a cam location and passed by the cams and the icon didn't show. Am I doing something wrong?

Could be a newer cam?? I tried mine this morning on the way to work and the red light cam close by my office showed up with no issues, but that particular one has been there a few years.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 530xiT

Originally Posted by IceyTys
It amazes me that BMW would sell you a $65k car and not provide Nav firmware support along with the NAV discs every year they update! I think more people would be more apt to spend $200-300 on a newer Nav disc every year, if BMW would spend some time updating the actual NAV system, instead of just giving you an updated phone book!

my $.02!

Now that I am done testing, Im heading straight to my "stealership" to do the right thing!
I paid $330 to update my hard drive based system...no user installed DVD update is available. However, I think the firmware was updated

BMW Nav update-2010-04-25-004.jpg
Old 05-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by rhnorb
I paid $330 to update my hard drive based system...no user installed DVD update is available. However, I think the firmware was updated

Attachment 104910
This is what I've been wondering about; so we can have our old Nav system upgraded to this new interface? Is it through a software upgrade or something else? Been driving a 335d loaner car this past week and really like how the nav works. The interface looks just like the picture you posted.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i '84 Nissan S12 Turbo

Originally Posted by Moopai
I found it. Go under "i" icon on the left side of the nav and choose destination on location the car and travel you will see the Red light camera, choose it and search for it then exit and go back to the map you will see the camera icons showing on the map.
Yep...that's it. Sorry for the late post
Old 05-03-2010, 10:25 AM
Members

My Ride: 530xiT

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
This is what I've been wondering about; so we can have our old Nav system upgraded to this new interface? Is it through a software upgrade or something else? Been driving a 335d loaner car this past week and really like how the nav works. The interface looks just like the picture you posted.
Unfortunately there is no way to upgrade the DVD based system to the hard drive based system
Old 05-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

No you cannot have our old Nav upgraded to this new one for multiple reasons: 1. the new system is a hard drive based navigation (No DVD) and this what member rhnorb got upgraded his maps software for $300. 2. The new system has a 10" screen vs our 8" screen and a much faster processor for the complete iDrive. I bet you if BMW wants they can modify our interface even thus it is a DVD based system to look similar to the new one with better graphics just the way they added the Birdview but BMW want do it.

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Old 05-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Thanks guys.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:14 PM
Senior Members

IceyTys I'm glade that you finished TESTING the new software and on your way to the STEALER to get you legit copy

Originally Posted by IceyTys

my $.02!

Quick Reply: BMW Nav update