E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW Nav update

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 04:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Burned with Nero but was not able to get it to work, works beautifully with the imgburn software.

Thanks gentlemen.

BTW, how do you access the cams option? I do not see anything that is related to the cams option.

EurocarFan,

If you're still having problem burning it, PM me your mailing address and I'll send you one.

RCT
Old 06-18-2010, 01:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D
Model Year: 2006

Does anyone know for a UK version ofnthe posted files?
Old 06-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 530i|Silver Gray/Black| Premium|Sport|NAV|Auto|PDC|Sunshade|

To access the red light camera option. Go to the main screen of the Nav. The one that you could add new destination address, etc. Then select the menu option I believe is called "Information". Then you will see an option for red light camera. This option, I believe, is located at the same place as the option to show landmarks in the area, like libraries, etc. Sorry, this is purely from what I could remember and may be missing a couple of extra steps. Once activated, go back to the nav map and make sure the symbol "i" is activated. You should now see icons of red light camera locations.

BTW, I used Nero Express and burned the iso file at 4x speed and it worked.

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
Burned with Nero but was not able to get it to work, works beautifully with the imgburn software.

Thanks gentlemen.

BTW, how do you access the cams option? I do not see anything that is related to the cams option.

EurocarFan,

If you're still having problem burning it, PM me your mailing address and I'll send you one.

RCT
Old 06-25-2010, 06:25 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by rctmthouse

Thanks gentlemen.

EurocarFan,

RCT

You will find the Red Light Camera option under the "Car and Travel" folder when searching for a new destination. Once you complete a search it will bring up a listing of all the cameras within the specified distance. After that you can just back out of the Nav menu and the red light cameras will be displayed on your map.

ENJOY!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 07:48 AM
Members

My Ride: 2011 Lexus IS-F

Does this version tell you if your destination is on the right or left when you arrive?

Thanks
Old 06-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by nonford
Does this version tell you if your destination is on the right or left when you arrive?

Thanks

Quite honestly, I read that throughout this post and other posts, and I am not saying there are no vesions that distinguish this, but none of the versions Ive had have told me which side of the street my destination was on. At least not that I can remember, like I said I could be mistaken.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:18 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by IceyTys
Quite honestly, I read that throughout this post and other posts, and I am not saying there are no vesions that distinguish this, but none of the versions Ive had have told me which side of the street my destination was on. At least not that I can remember, like I said I could be mistaken.
I don't think upgrading the nav DVD will change that. It would be something within the software cause the DVD just stores the maps.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2011 Lexus IS-F

Thanks for the responses. Got the new maps and nope, no left or right. In the past I used a garmin and that is one feature i liked when i approached business districts, especially in heavy traffic.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Members

How do you check the version of your Navigation CD from iDrive?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:16 PM
Members

I have a 4/10 build E60 wagon and it has the hard drive-based Nav. It sucks. My 2008 DVD map in my 335i has better accuracy. There are four year-old addresses that do not show up.

I complained to BMWNA. They made arrangements to have the dealer "update" my system. The dealer just told me that I have the latest version, which is absurd. I am going to take this back to BMWNA. I think that this system should be more easily updated and the pricing should not be what the prior poster discussed.

I will keep you posted.

Quick Reply: BMW Nav update