E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW that was burnt in the Vancouver riot

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 12:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545i 6spd m/t Sport, Cold Weather, Logic 7

Originally Posted by umichchris
as i watch this video...it enrages me.

when it comes to my car....i am very irrational. i would have been out there standing on the roof of my car w/ a steel baseball bat, a Mossberg Pump-Action shot gun and my .40 cal semi-auto handgun daring anyone to approach my personal space (ie my car) in a threatening matter so i could respond accordingly. luckily me, my temper and my car manage to avoid these situations. lol.
I'd do the same. Sadly, we'd be the only ones in jail at this point if that had been the case. I saw this car later, it was so engulfed in flames I thought it was a 6 series.

What I don't understand is why she didn't drive it away. 90% of the people present would've moved and then the 10% remaining would lose their confidence pretty quick.
Old 08-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Senior Members

Reminds me of the scene with Tom cruise fending off the mob from stealing his van in War of the worlds, but that was hollywood. This is barbarous!!
Old 08-20-2011, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by G530
Reminds me of the scene with Tom cruise fending off the mob from stealing his van in War of the worlds, but that was hollywood. This is barbarous!!
People are worse in real life, unfortunately.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Hopefully some retributive karma comes into these peoples lives and bites them in ass!
Old 08-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Senior Members

Quite right. What goes around comes around and Karma will will be waiting in the wings for these cowards.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow I had only seen the videos posted that showed the car burning and with the car alarm going off. I never knew she was actually there literally fighting off people from damaging the car. WTF is wrong with these people? Some of them are pretty clearly seen on the video.. including the guy who apparently jumped on her roof. I'd try to identify them, have them arrested, and file civil suits against them. What a bunch of pussies in the crowd.. quite pathetic. Why would people be so hell bent on destroying the car .. especially with the owner right there?

It'd be great to setup a fund to help her, but to be honest I'd rather see the douche nozzles that destroyed the car paying it while they are spending their weekends in jail.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 08' 535XI Monaco Blue

Honestly she should have released the v10 beast and run over them, I give her props she had 400 people surrounding her and didn't care if she got her head smashed, thats true dedication of someone who loves BMW.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i with M package

I am from Vancouver and I was/am totally embarrassed at what happened during the playoffs here. I can tell you that 99.9% of the residents here feel the same.

I saw this live on the news and could see the smoke from the burning cars from my window across from the Downtown area. So sad...

Thanks to Social Networking most of the culprits are being brought to justice, or have turned themselves in.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Members

The Canucks owners should step up and help her out. They are the ones that profited from these very same asshole fans earlier in the evening. Give some of that "bad" money back and do something good with it!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i - Sport package, Cold Weather package, Nav, Xenon lights, 6 speed manual Mods coming soon...Still need to figure it out.

Originally Posted by sy1616
Amazing, sports fans are stupid, I live in Philly so I've seen it all. Hope it works out for her!
You obviously have not seen it all. If the Eagles ever win the Super Bowl it will make this video look tame.

Quick Reply: BMW that was burnt in the Vancouver riot