E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW blinds

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 08:18 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 29 2004, 12:10 AM
[quote name='realtyman' date='Nov 28 2004, 09:56 PM']
At the end of the day (and the beginning, for that matter), my girls are #1.? The 5 is just a car.? Granted I LOVE my car, but you know what I'm saying.

And they DO spend most of the time in the minivan .? I can't wait for BMW to realease their minivan.? It may be too late for me but we'll see.
[snapback]61900[/snapback]
I'm with you all the way. Ofcourse they come first. The difference is that mine are a little older than yours. I was raised having respect for material things like cars. A concept lost in our recycling, use and trash American society. It shocks me when a handbag with with steel studs at the bottom or a cardboard box full of groceries is put on the trunklid. I want to raise my children not to trash their material belongings. Two years ago, honestly I was in the same boat as you. Today they follow these rules because they can comprehend that we are lucky to be able to afford a BMW like this and that it cannot be taken for granted.
[snapback]61902[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah, I hear you. As I mentioned, mine are younger. I agree about the respect thing. At this point, we are just surviving. They'll be getting older soon and I'm sure my perspective will change.

As for the handbag... eeeeesh! :bashwall:
Old 11-29-2004, 02:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Nov 28 2004, 06:06 PM
Yeah... I'm probably the farthest thing from reality.?
[snapback]61886[/snapback]
Old 11-29-2004, 10:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Automatic, Cold Weather, Sirius Prep and Radio, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Nov 28 2004, 11:17 PM
1. No food or drink allowed in the back seat.
2. No climbing on the seats with shoes on (even in the process of seating yourself)
3. No toys in the car.? They can go in the trunk.
4. Lower and raise the shades carefully only when needed.
5. Open the doors carefully when exiting.
6. Hands and face must be washed with soap before getting in the car, especially after meals.? This keeps stains off the seat belts
7. No touching the windows.? The prints annoy Daddy.
These are great Hormazd! I have a 7 and 9 year old and they all apply for me. The shoe marks on the back of the front seats are quite annoying, leather or no leather. And somehow finger grease finds its way everywhere! :-)

Thanks!
Old 11-29-2004, 11:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Shoe marks on the back of the seat!!!!! That is the number one for me. Now, I will say that the material that BMW uses on the back of their seats are high quality and easy to clean, but it is still annoying, and what do you do when their little legs are long enough to hang off seat, but not at a right angle? In some ways, its not really their fault, but this used to get to me too. One time, I told my son to sit up in his seat, and he proceeded to put his feet on the back of the front passenger seat and push back...I left him on the highway to fend for himself!!! No seriously, it never really upset me too much, but it was bothersome. My daughter is 1 and I am sure I will have struggles with her when I get my 5. I don't mind toys as long as they aren't thrown. I don't mind drink as long as it is water...or at least clear (Capri Sun, sprite, WATER Please!!). Food is a no no, unless you are on long trips, but that is when you drive the "other" car. All in all, I want the drive to be enjoyable for all, but respect of ones things are important to. Once of age, it really is a good way to show your children how to care for things and how to be responsible for things. They will see and take notice. How many of you out there have children that are older that are as meticulous about their cars as you "taught" them to be?
Old 11-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

I find the main use of the rear sun shade to be blocking out the high beams of the po'ed diver of the MB E500 I just passed. I take great pleasure in pushing the shade button and "automatically" raising the shade when this happens.
Old 11-29-2004, 12:28 PM
Senior Members

great for kids in back
Old 11-29-2004, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by robg' date='Nov 29 2004, 03:20 PM
I find the main use of the rear sun shade to be blocking out the high beams of the po'ed diver of the MB E500 I just passed.? I take great pleasure in pushing the shade button and "automatically" raising the shade when this happens.
[snapback]62120[/snapback]
Old 11-29-2004, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by robg' date='Nov 29 2004, 10:20 PM
I find the main use of the rear sun shade to be blocking out the high beams of the po'ed diver of the MB E500 I just passed.? I take great pleasure in pushing the shade button and "automatically" raising the shade when this happens.
[snapback]62120[/snapback]
That reminds me on the main purpose of the rear sun blind on unmarked police cars...
And, trust me, you don't want to see this happening... Once they are in front of you they raise it and on it there is a white text: "Police - follow"... and at the same time they put the police light on their roof...