E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW blinds

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by amigo525' date='Nov 28 2004, 07:11 AM
My sisters always complain that the? sun in the rear seat. I guess next time, I will order my next car with it.
[snapback]61604[/snapback]
you just need to order a two seater next time .

i didn't order the shades just because i rarely have anyone sit in the back. but it'll be very useful if you have more than two people in the car all the time.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Nov 28 2004, 02:36 PM
I was just thinking the same thing Jimbo.? You beat me to it.
Now that my little ones are spending more time in my car, I wish I would have gotten them.?

BTW, anyone know of a good leather cleaner???? :'(
[snapback]61770[/snapback]
kigerka mentioned meguiar's leather cleaner/conditioner (2 in 1) is easy to apply and fast to dry (about 10-15 minutes on each seat). best thing i like is it doesn't leave the shinny look. i just bought a bottle (foam) couple days ago and haven't tried it yet. i need to find a old t-shirt first .
Old 11-28-2004, 06:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2009 550i sports, Nav, logic Best E60 yet 2004 545i, sports pkg, logic 7 steptronic, rear shade,orient blue with beige interior, blue tooth enabled Razer Phone. 2004 X5 3.0, sports pkg, stepronic, summer pkg. imola red. 2006 Mini Cooper S, manual, sports, prem pkg, nav and kitchen sink.

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Nov 28 2004, 10:59 PM
[quote name='realtyman' date='Nov 28 2004, 02:36 PM']I was just thinking the same thing Jimbo.? You beat me to it.
Now that my little ones are spending more time in my car, I wish I would have gotten them.?

kigerka mentioned meguiar's leather cleaner/conditioner (2 in 1) is easy to apply and fast to dry (about 10-15 minutes on each seat). best thing i like is it doesn't leave the shinny look. i just bought a bottle (foam) couple days ago and haven't tried it yet. i need to find a old t-shirt first .
[snapback]61839[/snapback]
[/quote]
I love in Florida, it's summer here year round, and yes the do keep the car cooler, but this car also has the best AC I have ever had in a car. My last Bimmer was a 2002 330i and the AC was not great. Good Luck
Old 11-28-2004, 06:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Nov 28 2004, 09:59 PM
[quote name='realtyman' date='Nov 28 2004, 02:36 PM']I was just thinking the same thing Jimbo.? You beat me to it.

[snapback]61839[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks alohacaholic!

That was a little tounge-in cheek . I actually use Lexol but may give the Meguiars a try when I run out.
Old 11-28-2004, 06:36 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Nov 28 2004, 05:24 PM
Thanks alohacaholic!

That was a little tounge-in cheek? . I actually use Lexol but may give the Meguiars a try when I run out.
[snapback]61862[/snapback]
oh, when i first saw your user name, i thought it was "realityman" . i thought you are one of those guys doing the reality tv shows . i think we all need reading glasses .

i bought mine in wal-mart for $6.39 or something like that. it has foam, spray, or cream/lotion. foam is the newest and the bottle says it's easiest to apply .
Old 11-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Yeah... I'm probably the farthest thing from reality.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Nov 28 2004, 05:36 PM
LOL. I have 9 and 7 year old boys and a 5 yr old girl. The three of them are often in the back. The two younger ones on boosters (just color matched bases without a back that they puill out of the trunk) near the windows and the eldest in the middle. Here are the rules which must be obeyed in order to maintain the privilege of riding in Daddy's car.

1. No food or drink allowed in the back seat.
2. No climbing on the seats with shoes on (even in the process of seating yourself)
3. No toys in the car. They can go in the trunk.
4. Lower and raise the shades carefully only when needed.
5. Open the doors carefully when exiting.
6. Hands and face must be washed with soap before getting in the car, especially after meals. This keeps stains off the seat belts
7. No touching the windows. The prints annoy Daddy.

The privilege of riding in the car includes the occasional voice command to choose CD or track of their choice or to watch Druth (NAV Lady) guide us to a destination even if we know where we are going. Failure to adhere to these rules means we ride in Mommy's Honda Odyssey.
Old 11-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Contributors

Hey Hormazd,

Mine are 2 & 5 (both girls) so my theories are a little different.

1. No food or drink allowed in the back seat.
Yeah.. Tried that. I find that they are quieter while something is in their mouths.
Leather cleans up rather easilly, thankfully.

2. No climbing on the seats with shoes on (even in the process of seating yourself)
That worked for a few weeks. Now I'm just happy if they get IN the car.

3. No toys in the car. They can go in the trunk.
Depends on which toys.

4. Lower and raise the shades carefully only when needed.
No shades. Whish I had them.

5. Open the doors carefully when exiting.
I use the child safety locks. Only I can open the doors.

6. Hands and face must be washed with soap before getting in the car, especially after meals. This keeps stains off the seat belts
Let me know how you do this without them getting near your car, nevermind getting IN your car

7. No touching the windows. The prints annoy Daddy.
Yup. Reminds me... Gotta clean my windows.

At the end of the day (and the beginning, for that matter), my girls are #1. The 5 is just a car. Granted I LOVE my car, but you know what I'm saying.

And they DO spend most of the time in the minivan . I can't wait for BMW to realease their minivan. It may be too late for me but we'll see.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by realtyman' date='Nov 28 2004, 09:56 PM
At the end of the day (and the beginning, for that matter), my girls are #1.? The 5 is just a car.? Granted I LOVE my car, but you know what I'm saying.

And they DO spend most of the time in the minivan .? I can't wait for BMW to realease their minivan.? It may be too late for me but we'll see.
[snapback]61900[/snapback]
I'm with you all the way. Ofcourse they come first. The difference is that mine are a little older than yours. I was raised having respect for material things like cars. A concept lost in our recycling, use and trash American society. It shocks me when a handbag with with steel studs at the bottom or a cardboard box full of groceries is put on the trunklid. I want to raise my children not to trash their material belongings. Two years ago, honestly I was in the same boat as you. Today they follow these rules because they can comprehend that we are lucky to be able to afford a BMW like this and that it cannot be taken for granted.

Quick Reply: BMW blinds