E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW Assist

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 12:07 PM
asg
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Arpil '04 production 545, Orient Blue, Sport Pkg, Step, CWP, NAV, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, PDC, Sat Prep, cip v20.02 (bluetooth and mp3 working great)

Received my renewal letter and since I haven't used the system at all (no concierge etc.) and I have an '04 that doesn't support stolen vehicle recovery etc. i wasn't going to renew for another year...much cheaper to just get a AAA membership. Anyway, I asked the customer service rep to let me know how many times i had used the service...turns out they have not received a signal from my vehicle since i called to activate the 1 yr free service when i first bought the car. Needless to say I've asked and should be getting a refund for the $240 I paid for renewal last year. I would recommend that others check that their vehicle has communicated with BMW Assist/confirmed a signal....I was under the impression that i was covered when i wasn't.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by asg' post='250760' date='Mar 6 2006, 03:07 PM
Received my renewal letter and since I haven't used the system at all (no concierge etc.) and I have an '04 that doesn't support stolen vehicle recovery etc. i wasn't going to renew for another year...much cheaper to just get a AAA membership. Anyway, I asked the customer service rep to let me know how many times i had used the service...turns out they have not received a signal from my vehicle since i called to activate the 1 yr free service when i first bought the car. Needless to say I've asked and should be getting a refund for the $240 I paid for renewal last year. I would recommend that others check that their vehicle has communicated with BMW Assist/confirmed a signal....I was under the impression that i was covered when i wasn't.
Was there a reason for the system to receive a signal from your car - airbags deploy, service call, or you forced a call?? If not, I don't see why they would get a signal.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:51 AM
asg
Members

My Ride: Arpil '04 production 545, Orient Blue, Sport Pkg, Step, CWP, NAV, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, PDC, Sat Prep, cip v20.02 (bluetooth and mp3 working great)

The service rep told me that according to their system my vehicle was not properly receiving their signal due to a software issue...and they had not been able to receive a signal from me. I had tried to force an SOS call a couple of times in the past to test but it never seemed to get through. Last try was a couple of weeks ago when i tried to make a service request when i got a service due alert.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER
Originally Posted by asg' post='251074' date='Mar 7 2006, 08:51 AM
The service rep told me that according to their system my vehicle was not properly receiving their signal due to a software issue...and they had not been able to receive a signal from me. I had tried to force an SOS call a couple of times in the past to test but it never seemed to get through. Last try was a couple of weeks ago when i tried to make a service request when i got a service due alert.
If you do a search you will find quite a bit of information on the subject.Since I got my car I've had nothing but problems with BMW Assist. When ever I hit the SOS I couldn't get through,( common sence, call them at there phone # and they will tell you whats wrong),so far the dealer has put in 5 TCU Units in a year the last one being about 2 months ago and now everything is fine.Because I had so many problems with BMW Assist I call them every so often and ask them for a location to make sure everything is working okThey added on 6 months free because of all the problems.If you have the later BMW Assist with the stolen vehicle in it you get another discount from your insurance.Goodluck
vern