E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW 545i Sport issue experts please help

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 09:20 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545i Sport

i am located in Champaign, IL

The dealer clearly said he cannot correct the problem of active steering Failed since i have OEM wheels , and said he cannot touch the car of anyproblems now and in the future related to wheels since i have OEM wheels and he clearly said the Active steering wheels is related to the wheels
Old 09-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Members

thats funny, they usually say that when you have NON oem wheels.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

There might be some confusion here...
OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer

Your rims are not OEM and while I find the dealers explanation bull, he does have the right do back off. You need to find someone down there with OEM wheels, put them on your car, get it to the dealer and get it fixed. Or drive all the way up here (Chicago) and have someone look at it who won't give you crap.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

I fail to understand why the dealer refused to service your car. The excuse of not having BMW provided wheels/tires is just a bull@%#$ story. IMO, you should call BMW NA Cust Service and log a complain about the dealer. Also follow-up with a letter to the dealer, and BMW NA, and whoever else you can think of.

As doug_999 mentioned, bring the car up to Chicago or take it oto another dealer in your area. You can also call them first to see if they will fix your car. If you decide to bring it to Chicago, you can either go to Bill Jacobs in Naperville, or BMW of Orland Park - don't know which one will be closer to you. Speak with Mike Alwin at Bill Jacobs, or Jason at BMW of Orland Park.

Ditch that dealer in Champaign. Did you buy the car from them? Did I mention, ditch that dealer??
Old 09-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='469298' date='Sep 13 2007, 09:45 PM
I fail to understand why the dealer refused to service your car. The excuse of not having BMW provided wheels/tires is just a bull@%#$ story. IMO, you should call BMW NA Cust Service and log a complain about the dealer. Also follow-up with a letter to the dealer, and BMW NA, and whoever else you can think of.

As doug_999 mentioned, bring the car up to Chicago or take it oto another dealer in your area. You can also call them first to see if they will fix your car. If you decide to bring it to Chicago, you can either go to Bill Jacobs in Naperville, or BMW of Orland Park - don't know which one will be closer to you. Speak with Mike Alwin at Bill Jacobs, or Jason at BMW of Orland Park.

Ditch that dealer in Champaign. Did you buy the car from them? Did I mention, ditch that dealer??

And I forgot to mention, if you are still under warranty, you should not have to pay for it. Assuming, of course, the malfunction was not caused due to mis-use by you or someone else.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:32 AM
Members

Yes my Car is still underwarranty, also the dealer said that i would have to pay for the allignment since i changed the wheels.
Also i cant remember someone from the forum mentioned BMW sells 19 inch rims for the 5 series on their catalog , can i find the catalog online ?? or this something i can only find at the dealers.
JSTRAW i will take ur advice and drive up to the dealer you mentioned.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pk8813' post='469385' date='Sep 14 2007, 07:32 AM
Yes my Car is still underwarranty, also the dealer said that i would have to pay for the allignment since i changed the wheels.
Also i cant remember someone from the forum mentioned BMW sells 19 inch rims for the 5 series on their catalog , can i find the catalog online ?? or this something i can only find at the dealers.
JSTRAW i will take ur advice and drive up to the dealer you mentioned.
Yes.. you do have to pay for alignments.

You will find the accessories catalog (and other great information) in the information section: http://www.e60.net/information/
Old 09-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Guys
Lets also not forget that the offset might be incorrect on these wheels (PK8813, no offense, just saying) and the tech might be claiming that is the issue.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Members

why do u think the offset might be wrong ??

what does everyone on this forum have to say about these offsets

Rim Material: Alloy
Rim Width: 8.5" Front 9.5" Rear
Rim Diameter (inches): 19
Offset: ET15 Front ET20
Number of Bolts: 5
Bolt Pattern: 5 x 4.72 or 5 x 120
Rim Brand: OEM
Rim Structure: One Piece
Manufacturer Part Number: M6
Old 09-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by doug_999' post='469489' date='Sep 14 2007, 10:26 AM
Guys
Lets also not forget that the offset might be incorrect on these wheels (PK8813, no offense, just saying) and the tech might be claiming that is the issue.
That's true.....but according to him the dealer just said that he will not work on it because the wheels are not the original 18" setup, no mention of offset.

Quick Reply: BMW 545i Sport issue experts please help