E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW 5 SERIES- EXECUTIVE CAR !

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, they are making them as an option so that they can match the price with the "suppose to be cheap" japanese/american cars... Of course don't compare the "japanese-made" fully loaded japanese/american car for $36k with $36k BMW... if you want german engineering with every options like in $36K japanese/american cars, then pay premium price... and there's a trade off, cheap loaded cars won't drive as good as BMW...
Old 03-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

Originally Posted by Nova Invicta' post='401962' date='Mar 12 2007, 01:29 PM
Lets get things in perspective BMW build very good cars but so do other manufacturers, BMW build fantastic engines but so do other manufacturers, the difference quite often is something called the "Herd" factor. Most people here will not want to believe it but Honda & Toyota (Lexus) build dam good cars mechanically but they do not excite the emotions.
BMW also build the MINI but look on www.mini2.com to see what many people think of the R56 (New Mini) the build quality and panel fit would have Toyota or Honda in a tail spin but BMW keep on producing inferior quality cars allowing customers to be test mules until they get it right. The car itself is emotive but the quality is sadly lacking.

Back to the E60 it should have as standard fully electronic auto air con and for the sake of a few dollars / euros / pounds a power socket in the trunk for the cool box!
I Agree!!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Monaco Blue 523iA, Individual High Gloss Shadow Line, Beige Dakota Leather interior with dark poplar wood trim, Navigation Professional, HUD, Heated Sport Steering Wheel, Sports Suspension with Style 124 wheels, on order... Delivery expected in mid July.

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='401307' date='Mar 11 2007, 02:38 AM
BMW cars (base,options,service,accessories) are expensive PERIOD whether U they are called EXECUTIVE cars, BENCHMARK car, REFERENCE car....There is no doubt BMWs are excellent and I prefered BMW over other German autos.The 528xi will be my first BMW because of reports, news( Changed my mind from X3 to E60), Hope I will switch and have all BMWs.
There are some features they can keep as STD. to be called as EXECUTIVE CLASS
Have Honda accord(188,000 miles) still runs good and Acura MDX(90,000 miles). Most of us love Japanese Electronics!
I think you made a wise choice not getting the X3. The E60 subjectively feels more solid with better quality materials inside and out IMHO.

By the way, I was not trying to be rude when I said that I did not understand your point and I am truly sorry if I came across that way. Being from Sweden I am not a native English speaker and lots of times I have no idea what I am reading or posting.

I used to own a Toyota Camry and have test driven several Lexuses and am well aware of the perks with japanese cars, but I feel totally disconnected when driving them. That makes them a no-go for me, regardless of how much equipment they have as standard.

I really don't believe that a car must include a lot of gadgets to be called an executive car. I think many executives/luxury car buyers prefer quality to quantity and if they want all the gadgets, they would be prepared to pay for them. To put things in proportion, SAAB charges almost twice the amount for their inferior navigation system compared to BMW so I don't think we are being ripped off by Munich either.

I also don't think BMW need to be the first ones to offer new gadgets. I really enjoy my thick heated steering wheel, MP3-capable stereo, DVD navigation and head-up display, even though none of them are new inventions.

Congrats on your new car and please post pictures when you get it!
Old 03-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 530d Touring, May 2004

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='401520' date='Mar 11 2007, 01:35 PM
I thought Egypt being in Mid-East has Regional Dinaar/Riyaal as the Regional currency just like Regional Dollar for North America, Europe and Australia.
<continuing off topic> So you've not been to Europe then ? You may find the most common currency in Europe is Euro, except for eccentrics like the UK where we retain our GB Pound (just to show we are different)
Old 03-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by new-kid' post='402782' date='Mar 14 2007, 08:42 PM
You may find the most common currency in Europe is Euro, except for eccentrics...
At the last count 13 out of 27 EU member states use the Euro. It may be the most common, but most EU states don't yet use it.

ABC