E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

BMW 5 SERIES- EXECUTIVE CAR !

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 06:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 523i, Steptronic, Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Brown Wood Trim, Folding mirrors, Bluetooth, Voice Control, Sun Protection Glass, Park Distance Control, Sliding Armrest, Advanced Air-Con, Ipod, Electric Seats w memory, tires Dunlop sp1 225/55 R16.

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='401433' date='Mar 11 2007, 03:11 PM
1-Egyptian Pound =0.17 USD
1- USD = 5.71 Egyptian Pound
Anyway how come your country still has currency - Pound and did not change WHEN
some other countries changed their currencies when they get free of British Occupation
I mean U$D 120K = 700K Egyptian pound ! ! !
Regarding our currency : What wrong with it ????????? and changed to what ???????? for what ?????????
Old 03-11-2007, 08:23 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='401433' date='Mar 11 2007, 01:11 PM
1-Egyptian Pound =0.17 USD
1- USD = 5.71 Egyptian Pound
Anyway how come your country still has currency - Pound and did not change WHEN
some other countries changed their currencies when they get free of British Occupation

It is thier own currency, like Canadians, Australians and Jamaicans have thier own dollar, swiss have thier own Francs etc.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:35 AM
Senior Members

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Batman' post='401456' date='Mar 11 2007, 08:55 AM
I mean U$D 120K = 700K Egyptian pound ! ! !
Regarding our currency : What wrong with it ????????? and changed to what ???????? for what ?????????
I did not mean any wrong with whatsoever, I went on Internet to convert your price in USD and I found Pound is your currency, That's all. There is nothing wrong in any currency as long as it works and holds good value Internationaaly too.
I thought Egypt being in Mid-East has Regional Dinaar/Riyaal as the Regional currency just like Regional Dollar for North America, Europe and Australia. If your currency was Dinaar/Riyaal, the price conversion(120K Riyaals/Dinaars to USD) would have been very affordable and I was thinking WOW. 700K Egyptian Pound is a LOT. I learned something new.
Old 03-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Members

Who wants options!, the overpriced add-ons such as SatNav/Bluetooth etc etc generate most complaints & will surely date the car prematurely. 5 year old standard BMW is quality, 5 year old electronics are out of the ark in comparison!.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swajames' post='401276' date='Mar 11 2007, 01:58 AM
Aqkhan6us' point is pretty clear. Whether or not you agree with it, it isn't particularly clever to pick on a poster who may not be speaking his or her native language because of their use of language.
Thanks for understanding/support ...I'm one of those, too
Indeed, there are some members here, they are looking for misunderstanding ...just for fun
Old 03-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

Lets get things in perspective BMW build very good cars but so do other manufacturers, BMW build fantastic engines but so do other manufacturers, the difference quite often is something called the "Herd" factor. Most people here will not want to believe it but Honda & Toyota (Lexus) build dam good cars mechanically but they do not excite the emotions.
BMW also build the MINI but look on www.mini2.com to see what many people think of the R56 (New Mini) the build quality and panel fit would have Toyota or Honda in a tail spin but BMW keep on producing inferior quality cars allowing customers to be test mules until they get it right. The car itself is emotive but the quality is sadly lacking.

Back to the E60 it should have as standard fully electronic auto air con and for the sake of a few dollars / euros / pounds a power socket in the trunk for the cool box!
Old 03-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Nova Invicta' post='401962' date='Mar 12 2007, 03:29 PM
Lets get things in perspective BMW build very good cars but so do other manufacturers, BMW build fantastic engines but so do other manufacturers, the difference quite often is something called the "Herd" factor. Most people here will not want to believe it but Honda & Toyota (Lexus) build dam good cars mechanically but they do not excite the emotions.
BMW also build the MINI but look on www.mini2.com to see what many people think of the R56 (New Mini) the build quality and panel fit would have Toyota or Honda in a tail spin but BMW keep on producing inferior quality cars allowing customers to be test mules until they get it right. The car itself is emotive but the quality is sadly lacking.

Back to the E60 it should have as standard fully electronic auto air con and for the sake of a few dollars / euros / pounds a power socket in the trunk for the cool box!
Start/stop button is an old feature and is in Toyota ,chevy(Y-$1000/-) should be STD with Front heated leather seats,
Old 03-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

I read today in a test report that you have to pay an extra ?500+ for CD-Radio with the ?32000+ Audi A4 2.7TDi!!
I think the likes of Audi, BMW and Mercedes will continue to hold on to the Options approach for as long as they can - and probably agree between them to do so. Not so bad if more than one does it
Old 03-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by my530i' post='401212' date='Mar 10 2007, 01:20 PM
KAF,
You're right on the money!
BMW has smart engineering.
For example, electronic rear trunk opener. It never opens the trunk unless odometer reads 0 mph.
Another example is locking the car. After exiting the car, you can lock the car with remote (assuming driver door has been closed) while other doors are still open. When you closed the last door, alarm will be arm then. I did not see this in Toyota/Lexus car.
Japanese cars have a lot of gimmick, but those gimmick are unsmart design

That's why BMW owners keep coming back

Now if thats not right on the money, what is?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006, US Spec, 530i, Silver Gray, Black leather, Anthricite headliner, Steptronic, Navi Pro, PDC, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Rear Shades, Folding Rear Seats, Bluetooth w/Blackberrt Torch, AUX Input, Bi-Xenon, AIB Angel Eyes w/matching fogs, summer wheels R118 w/PS2 tires, winter wheels R138 w/Michelin PA3 snows

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='401972' date='Mar 12 2007, 10:41 PM
Start/stop button is an old feature and is in Toyota ,chevy(Y-$1000/-) should be STD with Front heated leather seats,
imho start stop button is :thumbsdown: but i agree with the heated seats. btw, where are you from? update location please, tks

Quick Reply: BMW 5 SERIES- EXECUTIVE CAR !