E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

A bit of a rant ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 10:24 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 545i & 01 316i

I think it goes without saying that there is a wealth of knowledge on here about our cars. For this I am grateful. However, instead of the forum and its members stressing maintenance, both required, recommended and preventative -- many threads have deteriorated into this almost incoherent drivel that resembles the follows;

---
Post 1

Hey guyz!

So I just got a 04 545i with 130,000 miles at the auct0n. It haz a bit of blue smoke when I first turn it on, but it is not so bad. I wanna mod the car and make it go really fast. What body kits/angel eyes/rimz can I get. Oh I wanna lower it too. Not too much .. but 1 or 2 inches but yeah what should I get?

---
Post 2

Congrats on the purchase. I think a M5 conversion would be awesome. You can do the fenders and bumpers and tail lights. Definitely do the LCI conversion. I would lower it with XYZ springs and then wrap dat' bad boy in 20" ABC rims with DEF tires. But def. do the Orion v2 rings on the headlights, day' will be so bright ... everyone will think its a new one.
---
Post 3

Yeah I agree with ^^^^ but do the MTECH bumper cuz its cheaper. Also those RIMS SUK! You should get the BCA rims instead, the are totz awesome and I hav a set forsale. I loved them for the 3 hours they were on my car, but then I got a deal on CBA Rims and had to swap like OMG they are awesome. But you should totz get the BCA rims instead. Poster2 is a moron for saying to get the ABC rims.
---
Post 4

FUK YOU POSTER3! The ABC Rimz are the best! They make the car look sooooo sportty!
---
Post 5 (OP)

Ok ok ok guyz -- so I am gunna do the LCI conversion -- the MTECH bumper with the M5 fenders with the LCI side skirts and M5 rear bumper. Then I'm'a'gonna'do the BCA rimz from poster2 bekauz he is hook'in me up. Just $2000. I figure I can do all I want to for like $5000. What da ya think peoplez!?
---
Gatriel

Um, you purchased a car that leaks fluids like an old folks home. You should probably look into replacing the following parts before mods.

- Valve Cover Gaskets
- Upper Timing Chain Gaskets
- Alternator bracket gasket
- Sounds like valve stem seals need to be replaced
- Depending on mileage a water pump and thermostat replacement would probably be a good idea
- While you've got the whole car apart I'd do the valley coolant O-ring at the same time. You can get the AGA pipe and save some money on labor.
---
Post 6 OP

Um .... how much do you think that it will all kost0? Bekauz I don't have much $$$ to spend on maintenance. I need money for MODZ!
---
:::8 weeks later::::

OP in different thread:

OMG I HATE BMW! STUPID POS LEFT ON ME ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD! ARGH! I HATE IT. THE DEALER SAZ IT IS $12,000 TO REPLACE A BUNCH OF SEALSN'STUFF! I THINK I JUST NEED TO SELL MY BABY! SO I AM PARTING OUT MY BABY! FOR SALE:

- BCA RIMZ $2200 OBO
- M5 BUMPER PAINTED NEVER INSTALLED
- MTECH BUMPER INSTALLED FOR JUST 3 WEEKZ! I BOUGHT IT AND THEN DECIDED TO GET THE M5 BUMPER INSTEAD
- LCI SIDE SKIRTS! 1 INSTALLED 1 IS NOT! I NEVER HAD TIME TO REPLACE BOTH SIDES! ARGH! HAad Baby - Momma issues.
- M5 REAR BUMPER - NEVER INSTALLED AND PRIMERED. MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN.
- XYZ COILOVERS -- FRONT PASSANGER AND REAR DRIVER SIDE INSTALLED. LOL. I loazy!
- LCI HEADLIGHTS -
- LCI TAILIGHTS with PRETTY RICKY (or whatever it is called) effect! THEY ARE BLACKED OUT but IT KAN BE remOved! NEVER INSTALLED.
- M5 fenderz. Installed, but never painted.

Oh yeah --

WTB -

- Normal headlightz
- Normal tailllightz
- cheap rimz
- oem springz

---------------------------------------------------------------
Clearly the above is a combination of the most egregious things I've seen over and over on here, and one would be hard pressed to find the above in a single thread. However, when you read it, its pretty likely you all who at least lurk the crap out of this place can think "Oh yeah, I've seen this before."

Last edited by Gatriel; 09-05-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:40 AM
New Members

Oh yeah, as far as wax goes.

I am a huge fan of a good Zaino base. I have 5 coats of Zaino on the car, with a couple coats of McGuires 2.0 wax (meh), and then a Aero Finale finisher. I am going to try the Aero glaze here in a month or two and see who I like that. I met an Aero distributor at Eurotopia last weekend, and he comped me a bottle of Finale, and it is amazing. Definitely the best finisher I've ever seen.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:20 AM
pcy
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: '06 530i, '07 C280 4matic, '98 ML320

I am willing to put up with repetitive posts [and rants ] because I am able to make friends and meet some of the helpful members, like Tony. Thanks Tony for taking time to meet me and look at fog light flickering problem. Appreciate it.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:24 AM
New Members

I wish there was a like button for your post pcy. This kind of thing is what these communities are all about. I guess I am lamenting the fact that our cars are becoming less expensive as they depreciate, and younger kids and "lower classes" of people, whom place looks about maintenance and reliability, can purchase our cars.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i in the mod process, I love my baby

Maybe Gatriel has mod envy... just saying
Old 09-05-2013, 11:27 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by josecebreros
Maybe Gatriel has mod envy... just saying
Nopenopenope.

I am envious of those who have have paid their cars off. (Just 2 more payments on my end)
I am envious of those who are mechanically gifted and can do most of the work mechanically themselves.

Am I envious of those who spend half the value of their cars into mods that aren't covered by their car insurance? Nope.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:12 PM
New Members

My Ride: 535i XDrive

All I see is someone coming off like a giant douchebag.

What does it matter to you what people decide to do with their own cars? You don't like modding... we get it... here's an idea, don't mod your car. As for anyone else's car, if they want to put a wrap with purple unicorns on it and 30 inch spinners... how the hell does that affect your life in any way whatsoever?

Here's an idea... if you don't like those threads... don't read them!

Posts whining about what other people make posts about are stupid.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NOCTRNAL
Haha. You should make this your signature.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:59 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 530I
Model Year: 530i

Dude, your car is 9 years old and it is not even paid off? And you put that many coats of wax on your car to make it look good??? I bet you wish you had the disposable income to make your car look awesome like some of the members' here.

Until you are mechanically inclined (and contribute enough) and can show an awesome modified car (that you own), you are absolutely not allowed to critic, rant or be an asshole on this forum. Got it?

Originally Posted by Gatriel
Nopenopenope.

I am envious of those who have have paid their cars off. (Just 2 more payments on my end)
I am envious of those who are mechanically gifted and can do most of the work mechanically themselves.

Am I envious of those who spend half the value of their cars into mods that aren't covered by their car insurance? Nope.

Last edited by E60I; 09-05-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by NOCTRNAL
All I see is someone coming off like a giant douchebag.

What does it matter to you what people decide to do with their own cars? You don't like modding... we get it... here's an idea, don't mod your car. As for anyone else's car, if they want to put a wrap with purple unicorns on it and 30 inch spinners... how the hell does that affect your life in any way whatsoever?

Here's an idea... if you don't like those threads... don't read them!

Yah, at first I thought it was more of a post because this dude was bored, now I get the feeling he somehow has superior complex because he doesn't mod his car and people shouldn't mod their's because since BMW didn't make it, it cheapens the car

I get the feeling that he's a pretty bored individual, and honestly I can't believe I just skimmed that crap he typed up. Sure has a lot of time on his hands

Quick Reply: A bit of a rant ...