E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Beige,Auburn or Black?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 04:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Auburn is my favorite but it's not available with ventilated seats in the US. Beige is really nice but gets dirty too easily. I would consider beige if there was some black on key surfaces to add dimension and hide dirt. Black won me over for ease of care and available with ventilated seats.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:29 AM
Senior Members

I vote for Auburn over Beige - Beige is just plain boring and the Auburn adds some "pop" to the interior.

I got black only because my salesperson convinced me (sight unseen) that Auburn was orangish, which it is not.

I wish the Tobacco color from the new X5 was available - I heard that is really nice.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Members

on order is my Monaco blue with Auburn.

Coming from an Allroad that had a two tone beige and brown scheme I was drawn to the Auburn leather with much black used. I like the black dash and the use of it on the doors and seat backs. The beige is nice but would have liked it better if they had done what they are doing on the e90 by having a choice with lots of black also. The all beige doors was not a good look in my opinon.

The Gray was nice and the different shades I thought were great. We have a gray interior care right now.

Black is always a good look for any BMW! Other than the seats and door panels the Auburn interior is basically black.

I did not get the black headliner as its $500, and I was not sure about having it so dark. I would have liked to sit in it first. I know everyone that has it, loves it but that seems consistant with about everything on thse forums. Nobody ever seems to say "I don't like it! I made a mistake!".

I am leasing this one and thus Im not worried about resale, and if I tire of it, its only 36 months!
My wife doubts my choice and I joke that it will be like driving a basketball! Or she will feel like a baseball snug in the "pocket" of the comfort seat.

I tend to want change on my cars and don't like to duplicate them on two cars currently in the garage.

This will be my first blue car ever.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:58 AM
Senior Members

I think it all depends on the exterior colour. I have Titanium Silver with Black leather and Aluminum Cube Trim. I bought this combination of colours for 4 reasons:
1- I love it (Silver on Black)
2- I found it to be the Sportiest combo (especially the Alum Cube trim)
3- It was the safest bet (for resale) - I do not lease my car.
4- Practicality: Silver is the most forgiving exterior as well as Silver grey (than say Black & Dark colours) and Black is most stain
resistance - Dust is easier to control.

You will need to make sure you can live with your colour choice for a very long time. For example, I loved the Auburn when I saw it in a Black car - I was going for it, but I thought I may not like a couple of months down the road.

Colour combination & Trim decision is the single most important thing you will tick on the option list.

My $0.02 - good luck.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:11 AM
Members

Like all Auburn lovers, I was initially terrified of what it would like, and if I would like it.

Once I got the car, the SINGLE MOST complimented part of my car is the auburn interior.

I absolutely love it, and have never regretted getting it once I saw it.

Unfortunately for me, its now winter in Canada, and my car is hibernating.........however, every now and then I bond with my car and soak up the looks of the Auburn interior.....

Crazy......nah, just a BMW lover............

Highway........
Old 12-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by highway' post='369104' date='Dec 19 2006, 05:11 PM
Like all Auburn lovers, I was initially terrified of what it would like, and if I would like it.

Once I got the car, the SINGLE MOST complimented part of my car is the auburn interior.

I absolutely love it, and have never regretted getting it once I saw it.

Unfortunately for me, its now winter in Canada, and my car is hibernating.........however, every now and then I bond with my car and soak up the looks of the Auburn interior.....

Crazy......nah, just a BMW lover............

Highway........
I too now have the auburn interior. Just yesterday a comment was made about the color. The person said they liked the new color (my other was silver outside and black on the inside. This particular lady said that black leather was to "old" looking. Hmm
Old 12-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

Black is an old colour indeed. But, it will ALWAYS be welcome and in fasion and in demand. Red, Auburn, Blue, Brown..etc will always come and go, but black & beige interior remain.
Beige = Luxury & feel of space
Black= Sporty
All others= Nice when first introduced then 2 years down the road OMG what kind of colour is this

Naturally to each his own, whilst I will never buy Navy or red or orange or Auburn Others would never buy black, so there you go. Also exterior colour is a factor, and most buyers will decide on exterior colour first then interior.
For instance I would not buy Black interior if I have a Dark Blue exterior.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i, Titanium Silver, Gray Leather, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Sound PKG, Cold PKG, STEP Tranny, Power sun shades, fold rear seats, rear seat heating, PDC, Nav

I like my gray leather...just my $0.03 worth...
Old 12-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by IndianGoneMAD' post='369503' date='Dec 20 2006, 09:56 AM
I like my gray leather...just my $0.03 worth...
Gray looks really good with blue exterior.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i - Monaco Blue with Auburn Interior. Sport, auto. Ordered 10-30-06

Originally Posted by gomac' post='369126' date='Dec 19 2006, 09:35 AM
I too now have the auburn interior. Just yesterday a comment was made about the color. The person said they liked the new color (my other was silver outside and black on the inside. This particular lady said that black leather was to "old" looking. Hmm
I just picked up my 550 yesterday. I was nervous on the Auburn. I love it. Everyone comments on how good it looks. Common word used to describe it is "Rich".

Quick Reply: Beige,Auburn or Black?