E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Battery related issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Thanks guys! I went over and bought a Duralast Gold battery from autozone for $200 OTD. Could have probably got it cheaper at batteries plus but I've read less problems with the Duralast batties over the ones purchased from batteries plus.

Also I did read about the whole registering deal but so far methinks it's mainly hocus pocus.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Jet Black '05 545i, Sport/Premium Pkg, Steptronic, Adaptive Xenon, Nav, L7, Blue2th, PDC,

Nooo! Not autozone!

I've had some pretty horrible experiences with their batteries, but maybe it's just me.

About 2 yrs ago I bought a battery for my truck. Spent about $80. Last month, my battery went bad. O.K. so I use my warranty. They prorate it (they found batt to be bad) and credit me just $30 to apply to new battery. So I cough up another $50! for a new one. WTF!! A little over 2 years and I've gone thru 2 batteries and spent $130, plus all the headaches and inconvenience that come with replacing a dead battery. And this happended to both my truck and my wifes SUV. :thumbsdown: My Cosco battery previous to this autozone lasted 6 yrs with no problems.

To me these batteries never lasted as long as they claim it should. These batteries are sold with a big emphasis on warranty, but you still end up paying a sh*t load when all is said and done. Hope your experience is not near the racus I went though. Good luck
Old 03-16-2010, 10:45 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

Did you get your battery tested? Curious about the results.

Michael

Originally Posted by TakmaN
Thanks guys! I went over and bought a Duralast Gold battery from autozone for $200 OTD. Could have probably got it cheaper at batteries plus but I've read less problems with the Duralast batties over the ones purchased from batteries plus.

Also I did read about the whole registering deal but so far methinks it's mainly hocus pocus.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:42 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by e6t.lab.rat
Nooo! Not autozone!

I've had some pretty horrible experiences with their batteries, but maybe it's just me.

About 2 yrs ago I bought a battery for my truck. Spent about $80. Last month, my battery went bad. O.K. so I use my warranty. They prorate it (they found batt to be bad) and credit me just $30 to apply to new battery. So I cough up another $50! for a new one. WTF!! A little over 2 years and I've gone thru 2 batteries and spent $130, plus all the headaches and inconvenience that come with replacing a dead battery. And this happended to both my truck and my wifes SUV. :thumbsdown: My Cosco battery previous to this autozone lasted 6 yrs with no problems.

To me these batteries never lasted as long as they claim it should. These batteries are sold with a big emphasis on warranty, but you still end up paying a sh*t load when all is said and done. Hope your experience is not near the racus I went though. Good luck
Aww crap, this is making me worried. I might go return it then and pick up one from batteries plus. Hmmm...
Old 03-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Did you get your battery tested? Curious about the results.

Michael
Didn't get it tested. I figure I should pick up a new battery anyways to keep on top of maintaining the car. I haven't checked to see if it is still the original battery, but if it is then it sure lasted well beyond its years.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 14 550i

weak sauce! then we'll never know!

Originally Posted by TakmaN
Didn't get it tested. I figure I should pick up a new battery anyways to keep on top of maintaining the car. I haven't checked to see if it is still the original battery, but if it is then it sure lasted well beyond its years.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I have a similar problem. It started Monday before last. I started the car in the morning and it won't crank. All the cluster light blamk out. I jump started the car and went to work. It work well for a few days, and last Saturday night after a night out, I started the car and similar thing happened, it cranked slow but this time it started. I charged it all night, and all is well again. This was last night. No problem today, I am going to observed this week. Does it mean I need a new Battery? This is my third bimmer and I need not to replaced the battery on my previous bimmer and I usually keep my car until about 125K miles. Need feed back on this please.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:58 AM
Members

I AM HAVING SAME PROBLEM. I THINK E60 S ARE HORRIBLE WITH BATTERIES. MINE IS 06 530I. I CHANGED MY BATTERY AND STILL HAVE PROBLEM WHENEVER I PARK IT FOR TWO DAYS.