E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Bad phone module after 20. update

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black on Black 545i Auto, Sport, NAV, Sirius, Cold Weather Wifey drives an X5 4.4 with Sport

My car was in for an oil / front brake, and software update. They tried several times to update the software and had been unsuccessful. They had several things not "take", so they tried reinstalling the old software. No dice. So now they are trying 20 again, but this time with a new communications module, and then another ,and then another. They are now emailing BMWNA back and forth. They look nervous.

I am at a loss for this one. They had my entire trunk apart. I miss my baby.

This has me so disconbobulated, I'm typing in fragments...
Old 01-28-2006, 07:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Maybe they should try some of these things noted on these release notes:

SI B 09 05 06
Programming/Coding Explanation January 2006
Technical Service

SUBJECT
Release Notes Progman V20.0 and V20.0.1
MODEL
All
SITUATION
Progman V20.0 and V20.0.1 have been released. Certain errors may occur during installation or usage.
CAUSE
Software error
COMPLAINT
The following issues are currently known:
1. "Back" button is missing after the "Change" button in the menu bar has been selected.
2. E90: The programming of RAD2 Professional is shown in the final report with error 2020 (control unit not responding). Coding has error 1000 (general error).
3. E90: MASK-S is not displayed as programmed in the final report and error 7022 (CoApi control unit communication problem) is displayed.
4. The incorrect CIP version may be displayed on the "Online update" screen following a JET Stream update.
5. GT1 may lock up after selecting the "Update software" button.
6. E60, E63, E64: CCC-A and CCC-BO abort programming. The following error messages are shown: "7022 / 7032 / 7042 / 7098 (CoApi) - Control unit/programming system communication problem". and "1000 (CoApi) - General error".
7. E85: The one-touch power windows function (opening/closing) may no longer be active after the general module has been replaced.
8. When selecting "Cancel Update" after measures plan was displayed, an empty white screen may appear.
9. Error message "The interface could not be assigned. (Code=42702,Msg=)" appears when using DK radio head. DK radio head cannot be assigned to PROGMAN session.
10. After a new installation, the following error message may appear when searching for online updates even though the data has been transferred: "The SSS installation data could not be determined. (Code=45124, Msg=45042)."
11. Progman session cannot be maximized. This error is indicated on the GT1 as a pop-up window and on the SSS as a white screen.
12. After installation of the Base CD, the SSS may reboot two times instead of only once.
13. E46: When attempting to import a new vehicle order (FA) via floppy disc, Progman states that "The vehicle order was successfully imported from the diskette", but the import was not successful.
14. Online-updates are not downloaded automatically, even though the automatic update mode is shown as active in the "Installation" menu.
15. E53: Buttons are shown twice in vehicle menu.
16. The Progman V 20.0 installation aborts due to incorrect handling on the SSS R2 (copying error).
17. Once the installation has been completed, the subsequent reboot of the SSS R1 may freeze.
18. E65: CAS programming aborts.
19. E53: Vehicles equipped with VVT cannot be programmed with Progman V20.0

PROCEDURE
1. Button is hidden behind the "Minimise" button, no workaround.
2. Start a new session after a battery reset and repeat programming/coding.
3. MASK-S has been programmed nevertheless. Run additional measures plan to verify correct part number.
4. Ignore the incorrect CIP version displayed.
5. Disconnect the LAN-cable from the GT1.
o Wait 20 seconds or until message is displayed, that connection has been lost.
o Reconnect LAN-cable.
o Select "Update" at the SSS selection list.
o Select the SSS and continue programming session.
6. Make sure the MOST connection of the OPS/OPPS is connected properly and repeat Programming/coding of the control module.
7. Check the CKM settings and repeat window initialization.
8. Wait until next screen is displayed. This may take a few minutes.
9. Select Administration -> Interfaces -> select affected device -> Self test -> Accept. In case this procedure does not correct the problem, reboot the SSS and repeat this procedure.
10. After a complete installation of Progman, the data in the "Online service" menu must be confirmed by pressing the "Continue" button. This will re-assign the online-update server.
11. Reboot the GT1.
12. The Progman DVD installation can be continued as usual even after two reboots.
13. It is not possible to import a vehicle order via floppy disc for E46 vehicles.
14. After a complete installation of Progman, the data in the "Online service" menu must be confirmed by pressing the "Continue" button. This will re-assign the online-update server. Select Administration -> Installation/Status -> Switch the automatic online update off and on again.
15. Either one of the buttons can be used to select the function.
16. After the basic CD has been successfully installed, it must be removed from the drive when it is automatically ejected. The empty drive must then be closed again. The Progman DVD must not be inserted until prompted on screen and the drive is opened again.
17. Use the power button to reboot.
18. Re-program the CAS again.
19. Use GT1/DISplus not loaded with CIP. Correction expected with with Progman V20.1.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I'm sorry for your problem CT. My understanding is that you can't go backwards with software at least if newer software has been installed successfully. It sounds like enough of 20+ got installed to prevent you from back tracking. When it comes to updating software, I always tell others to be sure and have a way back to where they started. I wish BMW had the same concept in mind when doing updates. If so, then I probably would try to get them to take me back to 19.01.01 if my car doesn't regain all of its lost snappiness in a reasonable period of time. But, regardless, it does sound like you have a problem other than software that is keeping the new software from loading.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:58 PM
Members

I'm taking my car in to get upgrading to CIP 20 in the morning. I hope that every thing goes well.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Members

My Ride: Black on Black 545i Auto, Sport, NAV, Sirius, Cold Weather Wifey drives an X5 4.4 with Sport

Originally Posted by nupe009' post='231716' date='Jan 29 2006, 07:58 PM
I'm taking my car in to get upgrading to CIP 20 in the morning. I hope that every thing goes well.

Go with God...

BTW, the X3 kinda sucks. I've been stuck with one for 5 days. My wife's X5 is leaps and bounds better. It's making me rethink my 3 Convertable purchase (for my wife) after my lease.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:28 AM
Members

My Ride: Current... 2005 545i Black/Black/Anthracite, Sport Package, Steptronic, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, Cold Weather, Fold Down Rear, Sirius.

Originally Posted by Captain Tenneal' post='231244' date='Jan 28 2006, 07:43 PM
My car was in for an oil / front brake, and software update. They tried several times to update the software and had been unsuccessful. They had several things not "take", so they tried reinstalling the old software. No dice. So now they are trying 20 again, but this time with a new communications module, and then another ,and then another. They are now emailing BMWNA back and forth. They look nervous.

Took mine in for service a couple of weeks ago and they loaded CIP 20..........in the process they discovered that my BT module was bad. At that time I didn't have a BT phone, so I hadn't tested it.

I picked up a RAZR V3 last weekend and everything worked perfect.

Good luck to you.........
Old 01-30-2006, 06:36 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Spartacus_33' post='231898

Took mine in for service a couple of weeks ago and they loaded CIP 20..........in the process they discovered that my BT module was bad. At that time I didn't have a BT phone, so I hadn't tested it.

I picked up a RAZR V3 last weekend and everything worked perfect.

Good luck to you.........
[/quote]

Do you have any problems with call waiting? I'm getting the CIP update to correct some problems I'm having with my razor. One problem is that if I lose my signal the car doesnt allow me to terminate the call using the end call option. I have to turn the phone on and off. The other problem is that if I answer or dont answer call waiting the call that I am on will terminate.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

I'm scheduled to get CIP 20 tomorrow. Now I'm nervous...I hope it goes ok.