E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxillary Port Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 06:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

I have had an auxillary port in my glovebox since I got my car and havent really been using it because it only plays music from my Ipod in Mono. I have brought this back to the dealer in Dublin, Murphy & Gunne on three occasions. Each time they tell me its fixed and I go on my way. Problem is a week later when I go to play my Ipod it still only plays from the right side speakers. I paid ?200.00 for this port when I got my car and it was a dealer retro fit.

I have my car in for service today and they have looked at it and they tell me that its doing exactly whats it meant to do, ie playing the music on the ipod trhough the speakers. My SA tells me that this is working fine and that it does not play in Stereo.

I think this is ridiculous and it would not be the first time that this SA has fobbed me off in a ridiculous manner. Has anybody any thoughts on this? Am I being unreasonable after paying this cash to expect somthing to work properly?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:18 AM
JMC
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5, Silverstone II/Black

I had an AUX port in my old 535d and it certainly did play in stereo. Are you sure you are using a stereo 3.5mm cable (it should have 3 sections on the male metal shaft, mono plugs have 2 sections)? Are you pushing the plug all the way in? If the answer to both of these is YES, you probably have a duff connection somewhere between the female socket in your glovebox and the car's audio interface.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

The input were the Aux is plugged into the CCC was actually designed for an aftermarket bluetooth kit which would work in MONO. Only after the dealer programs the car does it play in Stereo and operate as the AUX-IN. Beside the obvious cable issues as mentioned above it could be that the dealer has not programmed the port correctly.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='719136' date='Nov 12 2008, 05:57 PM
The input were the Aux is plugged into the CCC was actually designed for an aftermarket bluetooth kit which would work in MONO. Only after the dealer programs the car does it play in Stereo and operate as the AUX-IN. Beside the obvious cable issues as mentioned above it could be that the dealer has not programmed the port correctly.

Oh right that sounds as if it makes sense. Funny because the idrive display needs a new screen and this has been ordered and I believe reproggramed also so I will ak them to do this. When I went to pick my car up they said they would refer the problem to BMW, Thanks for that.

Ken