E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux input install by dealer

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 06:02 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i, Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Automatic, Premium, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Sorry if you all have discussed this before. I did try a search for it but was not able to find exactly what i need. My question is for those of you with the Aux input installed how invasive is it? In other words when the dealer installs it do they completly rip apart the inside for the install to take place or is it pretty easy to do. My car works great now without any problems. I would hate for them to install the Aux input and then have issues especially with the interior....like things starting to creak and stuff falling off. Also, I think that there is a software update that needs to happen with the install as well. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

The Retrofit kit instructions call for all work to be done in and behind glovebox. I don't think that's too invasive. Some have asked for special locations for the Aux Jack and even an additional power plug. More work in more places but still have to get to connector which is behind the glovebox. Other thaan delaer install errors, not heard of any other items breaking or new noises induced
Old 01-06-2006, 07:01 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

The aux input jack location is typically installed in the glove box (so they need to remove the glove box door and a few other parts), and they need to attach it to the audio system by plugging it into the back of the M-ASK/CCC, which involves removing the right side dash wood trim, and the panel that the A/C controls are located in. Not a big deal, and certainly worth it.

They also need to program the iDrive to recognize the aux input. No CIP update technically required, but my dealer did update the CIP while doing the install. Here's the instructions:
5_series_aux_input.pdf
Old 01-06-2006, 08:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Silver Metallic, Black Leather, Automatic, Premium, Cold Weather, Xenons.

You all are amazing.....thanks for your help.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport, Mystic Blue, Dakota leather,Professional Navigation,BMW Assist, Blue Tooth Prep +telematics, 6 Disc Changer, ML/Alloy 8jx18", Graduated Tint windscreen, Auto-Dim Int + folding Mirrors, Comfort Seats - Electric, Through Load system inc Ski Bag, Bi Xenon Headlights plus washer system, Automatic Air Conditioning-Advanced, HiFi Speaker System, Fitted Floor Mats, clear bra

As Stream points out the actual aux jack point is quite simple. Getting to the MASK-CCC involves a few more steps. This I know because after my aux install the centre trim was dented while the cover to the CCC was loose. The 2nd item I have fixed myself, the dent I will tackle some other time. But I don't think these are common issues. I was just unlucky.

CCC_Step1.pdf

CCC_Step2.pdf

CCC_Step3.pdf

CCC_Step4.pdf