E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

auto A/C query (not advanced A/C)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 05:20 AM
Moonride

ONCE AGAIN,...

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM WHETHER BMW IS/WILL BE PROVIDING A SW UPGRADE THAT WILL MAKE THE AIRFLOW CONTROL OF THE STANDARD AIR CON AUTOMATIC? THIS HAS BEEN RUMOURED ON THIS POST AND IS A REALLY BIG ISSUE FOR MANY OF US FOOLS WHO ORDERED STANDARD A/C.

C'MON GUYS, LETS GET THIS SORTED OUT. WHOEVER PROVIDES HARD INFO ON THIS WILL GIVE ALL OTHERS WHO HAVE TO DEAL WITH LAME DEALERS A VERY IMPORTANT EDGE....
Old 03-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Advanced AC is standard in Singapore as well. I think in Europe, the basic E60 model is more basis than anywhere else and you have to order many non-standard option to bring the E60 to an acceptable utility level. For example, the fabric seat covers in UK is considered very "cheapo" in Singapore and all our E60s come with Dakota leather seats as standard.
Old 03-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Members

My standard aircon is not working properly so the car is visiting the dealer tomorrow for a fix. I asked about the fan and was told, yes, when the automatic button is active the fan speed should be contolled as well as the temperature and distribution of air. Of course, right now, it is not, but I am told this is part of the problem that they will fix tomorrow.

I will keep you all posted.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by E60-530d-London' date='Mar 10 2004, 12:42 AM
My standard aircon is not working properly so the car is visiting the dealer tomorrow for a fix. I asked about the fan and was told, yes, when the automatic button is active the fan speed should be contolled as well as the temperature and distribution of air. Of course, right now, it is not, but I am told this is part of the problem that they will fix tomorrow.

I will keep you all posted.
Same here, I talked to my dealer yesterday and he told me to come in and they will check whats wrong with my ACC!

Im not sure if the dealers are wrong informed?
Old 03-10-2004, 03:39 AM
MOONRIDE

Well, thanks, E60-530d-London... looking forward to your report.

However, as far as I can understand, the fan issue is not a fault as such; they didnt intend it to be auto. To begin with, at least. And whether this is now to be changed or what, I guess we will finally know when they've upgraded your car. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:35 AM
Members

Ha ha - car back from dealer with the aircon fixed and fan intensity is now *completely automatic* when on the automatic program. This is easy to verify. With the car fully warmed up at 22 deg, I select a manual setting that directs airflow to the upper vents, crank the fan up to max, then switch across to auto by pushing the button. Because the car is warmed up already, the fan intensity drops right down by itself. If I take it off auto, the reverse happens. If I crank the temp down, when on auto, the fan speeds up. Voila!

So, if this is not happening in your car - my advice is to book it in for a fix.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:40 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by E60-530d-London' date='Mar 12 2004, 09:35 AM
Ha ha - car back from dealer with the aircon fixed and fan intensity is now *completely automatic* when on the automatic program. This is easy to verify. With the car fully warmed up at 22 deg, I select a manual setting that directs airflow to the upper vents, crank the fan up to max, then switch across to auto by pushing the button. Because the car is warmed up already, the fan intensity drops right down by itself. If I take it off auto, the reverse happens. If I crank the temp down, when on auto, the fan speeds up. Voila!

So, if this is not happening in your car - my advice is to book it in for a fix.
I think you have just made a lot of people VERY happy with that post
Old 03-12-2004, 12:44 AM
Senior Members

Excellent news!

let's hope my dealer has the same answer when i meet the service manager this afternoon.... tell me, please, E60-530d-London (hey, can i just call you E ?) whe/where is your dealer in case mine needs to reference one who knows what they are doing!

cheers
Old 03-12-2004, 01:11 AM
Members

That's great news, I noticed another thing that doesn't work is that if auto is on and you press the button to turn auto off it doesn't go off like it did in my old 328ci. It would be nice if it did this because you would then just have to leave fan at max and direction to windscreen and press the auto button to defrost in the mornings.
Old 03-12-2004, 02:28 AM
Members

Skidster - the dealer is Chiswick BMW and their service location is behind PC World on the Great West Road, Brentford. Good luck.

Quick Reply: auto A/C query (not advanced A/C)