E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

auto A/C query (not advanced A/C)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 04:48 AM
Norway

Hi,
I asked my dealer today. He said it is a fix for this in a new SW upgrade that is coming in the middle of march. He also said that there is a virus on the SW CD that is out now.
Old 03-02-2004, 05:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Norway' date='Mar 2 2004, 07:48 AM
He also said that there is a virus on the SW CD that is out now.
OMG. That is actually quite funny. What happens to i-drive? Does a skull and crossbones appear then everything shuts down on the car?
Old 03-02-2004, 06:42 AM
Moonride

Eh, Norway, are you sure about this?? Lots of wrong info out there, you know, and a BMW dealer is a good place to look if you want some...

My dealer says this is the way it goes and there aint nothin to be done... Which dealer is right, and which if full of bull...?

Is it possible for you to get a solid verification that a mere SW upgrade will actually let the fan speed of the standard climate system be adjusted auto, just like the temp and distribution?

If this is correct, is ivery good news for a lot of us who now feel thar we have been suckered reeaall bad...
Old 03-02-2004, 06:59 AM
Senior Members

It seems entirely plausible that this could be fixed by a sw upgrade. I find it absolutely staggering that a climate control system does not control the fan speed - and this is by design.

Even the most basic climate control on ?10k cars has this built in.
Old 03-02-2004, 10:14 AM
Members

I honestly couldn't give a fig whether the Auto button on my standard aircon operates the fan speed as I have never bothered using Auto on all my previous cars which had auto aircon. I much prefer to set temp., and fan speed manually - it's not that hard in fact the rotary controls on my 520 are far easier to operate than on my previous BM's.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Senior Members

well mark, it is also not 'that hard' to....

adjust your seat manually
turn your headlights on and off yourself
operate the wipers yourself

or even read a map

the point is the feature is, by definition, to be expected on this car.
Old 03-04-2004, 04:03 AM
Moonride

INFO ON THIS ISSUE, ANYONE? See below.
-------------------------------------------
Norway Posted: Mar 2 2004, 07:44 AM

Hi, I asked my dealer today. He said it is a fix for this in a new SW upgrade that is coming in the middle of march.
-------------------------------------------
Moonride Posted: Mar 2 2004, 09:42 AM

Eh, Norway, are you sure about this?? Lots of wrong info out there, you know, and a BMW dealer is a good place to look if you want some...

My dealer says this is the way it goes and there aint nothin to be done... Which dealer is right, and which if full of bull...?

Is it possible for you to get a solid verification that a mere SW upgrade will actually let the fan speed of the standard climate system be adjusted auto, just like the temp and distribution?

If this is correct, it is very good news for a lot of us who now feel thar we have been suckered reeaall bad...
Old 03-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Members

I have the same problem! When I ordered my car the dealr said that the "only" difference between standar AC and the advanced is that the advanced have separated zones for driver and passenger.

What can I do now? I thoug I ordered at car with Automatic AC....
Old 03-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Senior Members

I don't understand why this advanced AC is standard in the US and not Europe. On a car like this it should be standard everywhere.
Old 03-08-2004, 04:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by tdocz' date='Mar 6 2004, 12:54 PM
I don't understand why this advanced AC is standard in the US and not Europe. On a car like this it should be standard everywhere.
In Sweden the Advanced Ac i standard only on the 545. I think we have other things standard then you in the US. BUT you?r completely right, the Advanced AC SHOULD be standard on all 5-series!

Quick Reply: auto A/C query (not advanced A/C)