E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

attention at the wheel

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530ia, saphire black on black dakota leather, steptronic, sports package and premium package; heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, auto bixenon headlamps, rain sensor, dynamic drive, active steering, 18" rims, Harman Kardon L7, CD Changer, poplar wood with chrome accent on steering wheel and shifter, build date 10/2003

Yeah, my VP at work still says he really hates the Eyebrow headlights... i just look back at him with a blank look and say "Really? I dont come to where YOU work and knock the corndog out of your hand!"...hahaha, yeah right
Old 04-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

The lines of the E60 are brilliant. Sporty, super-classy.... I get stares everywhere I go.

My brother just had his wedding in Palm Beach a couple weekends ago....

We stayed at the Breakers Hotel... which is about as posh a hotel as you'll find most places.

The valet guys left my car parked out front of the hotel all weekend, next to an Aston-Martin and a Bentley.

It's stupid... but I felt like a badass to have my car outside the Breakers in the same company as those fine vehicles.

I think my M-kit helped complete the image, though.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

I had an older BMW driver tell me he didn't like the E60 back in 03. He drove the one before the E39. Back then of course the E60 was a shock to the system. He said he thought the car was heavy as I drove off over his foot

Whenever I come up behind another E60 on the motorway I always think it has such a presence that other cars can't match. Perhaps I'm just biased. Although I do remember a motoring jounalist saying the same.

I always get looks from Audi/MB drivers - don't know what they're thinking though. The tears give it away!
Old 04-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Although I'm in a 6er the E60 is one striking car. It never fails to get my attention and absolutely nothing else compares or is even close. Even as more 5er are seen on the streets that does not detract at all from their image. I love being part of the cutting edge in automotive machinery and laud u all for your chosen ride and the passion that goes with it.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:18 PM
JDN
Contributors

IMO, it's all about stance.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Mystic Blue, Auburn Dakota leather Premium and Winter Package, Xenons

We Show Class...Superiority....Unique
Old 04-22-2005, 11:15 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

Originally Posted by Jerzguju' date='Apr 22 2005, 11:24 PM
We Show Class...Superiority....Unique
[snapback]119011[/snapback]
I could't agree more
Old 04-23-2005, 04:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

A pretty young lady gave me a flying kiss this morning. She was in her E36 though.

Well.... i winked back at her..
Old 04-23-2005, 07:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

About 4 weeks ago I was at a Jeep Dealership right as they were opening at around 9am. I was picking up a new Grand Cherokee for my wife (so I could get my 530 back!), and while I was inside the dealership doing the paperwork, about 5 of the Jeep/Ford Salesmen were actually circled around my car, all smiling, and nodding......I had to walk out and get my insurance card from the car, and as I opened the door, one of the salesmen with his back to me was saying, to the others, "this is a gorgeous car" I couldn't help myself.....I had to say, "why thank you!!" See, even the competition....well....not competition directly, LOL, but other dealerships appreciate the beauty of the car....and know a good thing when they see one. What's really funny is the misperceptions about BMWs by those that don't really know about the car. The salesman inside that I was dealing with asked about the car, and said what a great car it was, and then says, "so the 530, those have about 450 HP don't they?" I just smiled, and said, "ummm...yeah, close to that!!"
Old 04-24-2005, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by BlueRocket' date='Apr 22 2005, 04:19 PM
[quote name='johno535' date='Apr 22 2005, 03:53 PM']Has any one noticed that most people still looks at your car even though the model is a few years old. Has any one caught some people looking close at there car
[snapback]118808[/snapback]
I was amazed at how many people stared and walked around my car while in Germany on ED. Counted three groups within 20 minutes in Rothenburg. Made me feel great. (yeah, I just stood back a ways and watched them) Was wondering what made them look, since the e60 isn't really a rare creature over there. Many euro e60's didn't have the model insignia on the back, where mine said 545i. Still waiting for delivery stateside.
[snapback]118856[/snapback]
[/quote]

They are trained to do that to make the Americans feel good over there and spend money

Quick Reply: attention at the wheel