E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anyone have a clicking sound from right front?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation

Hi There!

regarding the noise coming from the front, i experianced the same and it was very annoying. you feelt it most when you are driving very slowly or turning the steering right or left especially when it over heats.

i took it to the delaer and i made a tech ridding with me, he pointed the problem by saying that it is the steering wheel plate(!!)
anyway, i gave it to them they fixed it. no noise is heard any more,however, i still did not drive it for a long distance to confirm.

they informed me that they also changed the fan wheels (i dont know how to explain this in english where the fan belts passes) because in the orning when i put on the car i hear the automatic fan goes on and off. never the less, the that comes out of the car is strange especially that i live in a very hot place. yestreday and after a short trip i could bearly touch the front lights because they were very hot indeed.

has anyone experienced this

regards
wiss 545
Old 06-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Wiss, I don't think that's the noise we're talking about. The noise we're talking about only comes when turning the wheel very slightly left < 40mph. It doesn't do it above that.

It is a very very faint click sound. Trust me you would not notice it unless the car is completely silent (no conversations no radio etc).

It's very much reproduceable, happens every time. I saw a post here where the dealer said it was an electromagnet or something locking.
Old 06-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Members

My Ride: Sapphire black 545i with sports package, premium package, 6 speed manual, 20" Maya rims.

Originally Posted by acribb' date='Oct 5 2004, 06:30 PM
Every door creaks and rattles - i'm bringing in the service bulletin with the carbaflo treatment.? Hopefully that is all that it is.? Mine sounds like the windows rattling though.? Just don't see how the rattle/creaking could be that, but general consensus here says the carbaflo is the way to go.
[snapback]41637[/snapback]
Hey Acribb, I don't know exactly how bad your rattling is, but I had a similar problem with my 545i after I bought it--all the windows would creak like the hull of a wooden ship when I accelerated. I brought it in, and my service guys said it was a known problem, and they applied some kind of chemical to the window seals and it eliminated 100% of the noise coming from the doors. Every two or three months, I have to bring it back in to have the chemical reapplied. To keep this thread on topic, i'm going to start another thread asking if anybody knows what this chemical that they use is.

I don't have a problem with any other kind of rattles or noises with my car, except recently I heard what I thought was a rattle coming from the CD player area, but it ended up being the plastic mount behind my rear view mirror. My sound perception was way off But anyways, it just snapped it back together and it's all good now.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:45 AM
Members

Boy am i glad that I resolved to this forum before taking the car in for first service (at 44,000 km). Never changed nothing on this car, except all of a suden the drivers airbag has gone faulty... really weird. Am taking it in to have an upgrade on the CIP so I can play MP3's but also felt the noise from the front right part of the vehicle when turning the steering was abnormal, it looks like it really is a general trend for AFS, so will stay away from it before I am BS'sd with some heavy $ replacement.

The E60/61 is a beautiful car, it looks like those of us who rushed to purchase are suffering from our greed to switch immediately... I should have waited and purchased the MY 06/07 version rather. Am using the 04 version and it sure does drive really good except for the stuff you have to live with c/o AFS.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:42 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 545i, 2004. Alpine white, ventilated seats, confort seats, bluetooth, HI-FI Audio, Electrical Rear Blinds, manual Side blinds, Sport Package, Confort Glass,Active steering, Business Navigation

Hi,

I posted earlier that i had this noise in the steering wheel, and when i took it to the dealer they made a Engineer tested it. he was positive that the ticking is from the steering plate.
after leaving it there for 3 days i was called saying my car is ready.

that was last week...

since then i hearing a louder noise whenever i trun the stearing right!!! i took today to the dealer an di asked for the same engineer who conformed again that this sound is agaian from the steering Plate

My car is 545, 04 been with me for less than a year now and i take care of it as if it is one of my children... i can not understand how a steering plate can be spoiled that quick.

now i need to send it again for fixing the noise, the engineer was saying that it is only trouble shooting nothing to be replced

this think is driving me grazy :'(
Old 06-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Senior Members

I brought my car to Vista Motor is So Florida with about a list of 21 problems. They addresed "MOST" of them. There are still parts on backorder from 3 weeks ago. And some of my rattles were NPF (No problem found). I hate that. If a doctor told a patient no problem was found and they had a little problem they may get suied for malpractice. There shuold be a malrepair law. I know the lemon law exists, but it doesn't hold the dealer accountable only the mfg.