E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anybody have no nav. & the 6 disk changer that will

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 01:21 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d M-sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Auburn Leather - Mem Seat - Cup Holders - Nav Pro - Light Pack - Dim/folding mirrors - Adv Airco - PDC - Aux/in - Non-smoke pack - De-badged - Delivery Mar 31, 2006

Try your current CDs in someone elses E60 to check out if it is the CD or the CD changer.
If your friends are not so smart to have an E60 :thumbsdown: , you can always go to the dealer for this test.

If it is just your CD changer, then its a dealer problem (if you still have warranty, if not : ), if the CD does not play at the dealer, you know your CD has a problem. You may want to try and burn the CD at slower speed, or even use better quality CDs, and if all that does not work, your PC CD burner (or the software) may have a problem !

Happy testing !
Old 03-03-2006, 01:32 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Originally Posted by Toni' post='248743' date='Mar 2 2006, 09:42 PM
Been having some issues with my 6 disk changer (have posted a few other questions but, still can't figure it out). My 6 disk changer won't play my burned cd's. It will play store bought and also cd's that I burned a year or two ago (and I don't know what software I was using back then. I have tried to burn using Roxio, real player and nero. They work in the in dash and they worked in my 530i that I just traded in but, no luck with my new car's changer???? I called the service dept. and they are so clueless, he told me that the 6 disk just is not up to date yet???? I don't think I believe that especially because my older burned cd's are working fine!!!! Does anyone have a 6 disk changer with no nav.(I don't know if that matter's) that is playing burned audio cd's?

If so what software and settings are you using?
My missus had this prob..it was down to the fact thet she at the prompt in the software (and most packages ahve this equivelant step) "what kind of disk do you want to create?" was in the habbit of selecting MP3 (fine for my car and playing on the media Juke Box, no good for CD stackers. So just incase you arnt selecting the right type of disk to create, make sure for your CD stacker to work you select - music CD

Hope that was of help, easy thing to do.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 550i delivery end of Feb. 2006 Jet Black| Black Interior| Sports Package| Manual | Cold Weather| Comfort Access| Sun Shades| Premium Sound Package | Sat. Radio| M Aero Kit | Rear Spoiler

Thank you everyone for all of your tips. I am going to try some and see if it works and if not I will go to the dealer's next. One more question for everyone......Do any of you get cd text to show up in the in dash player when using an audio cd NOT MP3?
Old 03-03-2006, 06:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Toni' post='249188' date='Mar 3 2006, 02:55 PM
Thank you everyone for all of your tips. I am going to try some and see if it works and if not I will go to the dealer's next. One more question for everyone......Do any of you get cd text to show up in the in dash player when using an audio cd NOT MP3?
No cd text from music cd's either on the changer or the dash.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Toni' post='249188' date='Mar 3 2006, 06:55 AM

Nope no CD text for me either... I think... I think it only works with cars with CCC... and not M-ASK

ie. eihter MY 06 Professional radios or older models with NAV
Old 03-03-2006, 08:15 AM
Contributors

Toni:
No text for me, zip - nothing. Good luck, it seems like they should be playing for you.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

Toni

Checked mine today CDs burned on Nero & Roxio both played without issue in both the 6-disc changer and the single slot CD player.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 550i delivery end of Feb. 2006 Jet Black| Black Interior| Sports Package| Manual | Cold Weather| Comfort Access| Sun Shades| Premium Sound Package | Sat. Radio| M Aero Kit | Rear Spoiler

Originally Posted by Nova Invicta' post='249467' date='Mar 3 2006, 02:22 PM
Toni

Checked mine today CDs burned on Nero & Roxio both played without issue in both the 6-disc changer and the single slot CD player.
thank you very much for checking. I'm completely stumped?????? Have no idea why mine is having problems What version of Roxio are you using?