E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have no nav. & the 6 disk changer that will

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 12:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i delivery end of Feb. 2006 Jet Black| Black Interior| Sports Package| Manual | Cold Weather| Comfort Access| Sun Shades| Premium Sound Package | Sat. Radio| M Aero Kit | Rear Spoiler

Been having some issues with my 6 disk changer (have posted a few other questions but, still can't figure it out). My 6 disk changer won't play my burned cd's. It will play store bought and also cd's that I burned a year or two ago (and I don't know what software I was using back then. I have tried to burn using Roxio, real player and nero. They work in the in dash and they worked in my 530i that I just traded in but, no luck with my new car's changer???? I called the service dept. and they are so clueless, he told me that the 6 disk just is not up to date yet???? I don't think I believe that especially because my older burned cd's are working fine!!!! Does anyone have a 6 disk changer with no nav.(I don't know if that matter's) that is playing burned audio cd's?

If so what software and settings are you using?
Old 03-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Members

My Ride: F11 520d white, auto, professional sat-nav with internet, variable damper control, sports steering wheel, extended lighting, retractable tow bar, wing mirrors with dimming & folding, full electric seats with memory & lumber adjustment, etc.

I have 6-CD player without Nav. Will check tomorrow & post back
Old 03-02-2006, 12:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 550i delivery end of Feb. 2006 Jet Black| Black Interior| Sports Package| Manual | Cold Weather| Comfort Access| Sun Shades| Premium Sound Package | Sat. Radio| M Aero Kit | Rear Spoiler

Originally Posted by Nova Invicta' post='248755' date='Mar 2 2006, 01:53 PM
I have 6-CD player without Nav. Will check tomorrow & post back
I would really appreciate it...thanks in advance.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:34 PM
Contributors

Toni:
I don't have nav, I do have the 6-cd changer. I have not had any trouble playing cds I burned. I have used itunes and media player software without any problem. Hope this helps.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by juan2mini' post='248846' date='Mar 2 2006, 03:34 PM
Toni:
I don't have nav, I do have the 6-cd changer. I have not had any trouble playing cds I burned. I have used itunes and media player software without any problem. Hope this helps.
Hi Juan2mini,

Thanks for the reply I will try burning with media player. One other question if you don't mind, when you put an audio cd (not MP3) in the indash slot do you get song text to show up?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

I don't have nav and I can play my burnt cd in the changer, I am using Nero downloaded three years ago when I brought my computer. I think is a software issue, hope this helps.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by Toni' post='248743' date='Mar 2 2006, 04:42 PM
Been having some issues with my 6 disk changer (have posted a few other questions but, still can't figure it out). My 6 disk changer won't play my burned cd's. It will play store bought and also cd's that I burned a year or two ago (and I don't know what software I was using back then. I have tried to burn using Roxio, real player and nero. They work in the in dash and they worked in my 530i that I just traded in but, no luck with my new car's changer???? I called the service dept. and they are so clueless, he told me that the 6 disk just is not up to date yet???? I don't think I believe that especially because my older burned cd's are working fine!!!! Does anyone have a 6 disk changer with no nav.(I don't know if that matter's) that is playing burned audio cd's?

I have 6 CD's changer and no navigation, all CDs burned with nero5 work fine.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I have the CD changer and no nav... been playing only burned cds burned with Nero 6

Varied from cheap CD-Rs to Nice quality brand ones and they've all played... some cheap ones skipped but all played.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport manual Mystic Blue, black Dakota leather, advanced air con, fold/split rear seats, Logic 7, business nav, 6cd, heated F seats

Are you using the same make of media as before? You could try a variety of makes (avoid cheap ones), and you may well find one which works. Not all makes work with all drives.
Could also be that the drive needs cleaning.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Toni' post='248743' date='Mar 2 2006, 09:42 PM

I have cd changer and no nav in a March 2004 car. Plays burned CDR's no problem.

I have generally burned using the latest windows media player on default settings.

Daft question, but are we talking about music cd's (media player automatically converts MP3 / WMA / MPEG etc to files that can be read on standard CD players - .cda I think).

If you are creating an MP3 cd then it might be possible that the in dash player can read them, but the changer can't. Just a thought, but if your old discs were burned as music cd's then this might be an explanation.

Quick Reply: Anybody have no nav. & the 6 disk changer that will