E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Annoying AC Vents

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 05:05 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Jun 21 2005, 11:19 AM
[quote name='tomwid' date='Jun 21 2005, 06:53 AM']This is the dumbest statement I have heard so far on this board.? The car should do what you tell it to and not have a mind of its own!?

If it was OFF when you turned your car OFF it should STAY OFF.? If it was ON WHEN YOU SHUT YOUR CAR OFF, it should stay ON AT NEXT RESTART.

WTF IS BMW THINKING???

[quote name='300TTto545' date='Jun 21 2005, 08:42 AM']I disagree with all of you. The A/C should come on when the car everytime. My A/C gets cool fairly quickly.

It might be nice if it sensed extremely high temps and did not blow hard until the A/C cooled the air down a bit but I think it is technically the right thing to blow the air at a decent clip right off.

My last car had to be turned on everytime and that was far more annoying. I guess it could remember what you had left it on but for me that would likely be A/C on so it wouldn't matter.
[snapback]141515[/snapback]
[snapback]141518[/snapback]
[/quote]

Highly Agree with Tomwid!!
[snapback]141615[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree too! VERY ANNOYING! I want it off! I hate having to turn it off everytime I start the car. I dont like to run fan or AC 24/7 like some people. Personal preference! BMW should respect that and program it to off.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by 300TTto545' date='Jun 21 2005, 06:42 AM
I disagree with all of you. The A/C should come on when the car everytime. My A/C gets cool fairly quickly.

It might be nice if it sensed extremely high temps and did not blow hard until the A/C cooled the air down a bit but I think it is technically the right thing to blow the air at a decent clip right off.

My last car had to be turned on everytime and that was far more annoying. I guess it could remember what you had left it on but for me that would likely be A/C on so it wouldn't matter.
[snapback]141515[/snapback]
Living in Florida one would think I would like the AC to come on everytime I turn the key - I don't. I want it it to do what I tell it to do-dammit. If I turn it off when I shut down, that's the way I want it to start. The other three cars in my stable can do this. Start in the manner it was when shut down.

Dealer has submitted PuMA case (everybody that wants this to work in this manner should do the same) for me. Response is software and someday will be a fix.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

LoL yea, makes me wonder about the engineers at BMW. Maybe they're having fun with us...

Cobradav, you think I should complain to my dealer also? Do you think that would help the PUMA case?

Originally Posted by saurabh' date='Jun 21 2005, 04:25 PM
I think the E60's are equipped with 10 minute memory cells, similar to a gold fish, wait gold fish only have a 3 second memory, oh good...atleast i get 9 min. and 57 sec. out of my $60K car?
[snapback]141656[/snapback]
Old 06-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, white/black manual, sports package, nav, PDC, etc.

Clarifation point here.. Do you mean that the air conditioning is on regardless of previous setting, or that the ventilation fan is on?
Originally Posted by shane' date='Jun 20 2005, 09:03 PM
Are there way to disable this feature when starting the vehicle?? Whenver I turn on the vehicle, the AC vents automatically turns on by default.? The BMW salesperson claim ALL? BMW by default turns on the AC Vents.? Is this true??

MY 06 530i Titanium Grey.
Sport package, premium package, premium sound package.
[snapback]141424[/snapback]
Old 06-22-2005, 06:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by Robert A' date='Jun 21 2005, 09:53 PM
Clarifation point here..? Do you mean that the air conditioning is on regardless of previous setting, or that the ventilation fan is on?
[quote name='shane' date='Jun 20 2005, 09:03 PM']Are there way to disable this feature when starting the vehicle?? Whenver I turn on the vehicle, the AC vents automatically turns on by default.? The BMW salesperson claim ALL?? BMW by default turns on the AC Vents.? Is this true??

MY 06 530i Titanium Grey.
Sport package, premium package, premium sound package.
[snapback]141424[/snapback]
[snapback]141790[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes, AC comes up in full automatic mode regardless of previous setting when shut down, except as noted by tomwid where if U get back in before car has gone to "sleep" then it returns just as u left it (on, off or any other combination u had established at shut down). Mine is closer to 15 minutes than 10, but it relates to how fast the car goes into sleep mode which could vary under different conditions.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:01 AM
NES
Members

What I dont understand is how most in this thread are complaining that AC comes on after you start the car? The car only switches AC on if you had it on prior to shutting it off. It remembers your last fan and climate setting. All current and last model BMWs have done this, except with the last (e39) even the temperature was set digitally. Now at least we have the manual temperature selector like in the e28. If you left AC on, then AC will come on. If you shut everything to an "off" position, when you restart it comes on... and here is what I dont get some of your statements... I dont get any sudden blast. mine comes on at low fan speed and I have always had this. My 2004 X5 also does this. If I had AC on prior to shutting it off, then AC will come on again, but again, no blast, unless of course its set on "AUTO".
All cars do that; remembering your last setting. Some do it because they are manually set in a position, some "remember" it because they are digitally set. If you have a Honda and all the selections are manual, when you start the car it will again start at your last setting. Same for Infinity, I suppose the same for most cars. What you last leave it at, it will last go to. If you have it set to auto, the fan will push air through till the "set" temperature has been reached.
In our cars we have what is called a climate control system. Im sure studies have been taken and realized that this is a better solution than to have to switch it on everytime. Imagine having set your temp, fan and all and being comfortable. then you leave the car and come back. By the time some get belts on and are ready to go they can melt... or freeze. I guess its not such a bad idea for winter then, huh?
Only in AUTO mode can I understand that sudden blast after turning that key, but thats because the system is trying to get to "YOUR" desired temperature as fast as possible. The sudden blast doesnt happen any other way. If it does, try switching AUTO off. If it continues have your car checked out, because its not supposed to happen.

Oh, and for you tom...please refrain from calling a comment anyone on this board makes that you dont like as the "dumbest statement", because your obviously not into this board for what its purpose is... to inform e60 owners about their cars. My "DEAL WITH IT" comment was simply for those who have it set on auto and complain that it blasts when they get back in. If I didnt make myself clear, which I guess I didnt, I apologize. At the same time I do not appreciate and Im sure most members on here can agree that if we make a comment that doesnt sound like something you may like, that we all go off and abuse eachother for it. Thats what makes this forum different than the rest... no morons! See if you get any reliable, and good information from them. Then come back here and see the quality of content and its members. I can curse and abuse as much as you can, I choose not to, as does everyone else.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:13 AM
Senior Members

Haha whatever. Your statement was dumb IMHO, and I called it out. There definitely is an issue w/ the car since a lot of us don't like this "feature". We simply want it to remain OFF if we shut it OFF. Is that too much to ask?

If you like it, then fine. But when you say "DEAL WITH IT" that's not very informative now is it? And you say I don't understand the purpose of this board? Please...

I'm sure you like the "feature" where the radio comes on everytime the car started too (whether you muted it or not after shutdown)? I believe that was a "feature" in the older software versions.

And lastly, my calling your statement "dumb" isn't abuse. I never called you dumb or moronic... just your statement.

So have a beer and chill...

Originally Posted by NES' date='Jun 22 2005, 11:01 AM
Oh, and for you tom...please refrain from calling a comment anyone on this board makes that you dont like as the "dumbest statement", because your obviously not into this board for what its purpose is... to inform e60 owners about their cars.? My "DEAL WITH IT" comment was simply for those who have it set on auto and complain that it blasts when they get back in.? If I didnt make myself clear, which I guess I didnt, I apologize.? At the same time I do not appreciate and Im sure most members on here can agree that if we make a comment that doesnt sound like something you may like, that we all go off and abuse eachother for it.? Thats what makes this forum different than the rest... no morons!? See if you get any reliable, and good information from them.? Then come back here and see the quality of content and its members.? I can curse and abuse as much as you can, I choose not to, as does everyone else.
[snapback]141930[/snapback]
Old 06-22-2005, 07:16 AM
NES
Members

Originally Posted by tomwid' date='Jun 22 2005, 11:13 AM
So have a beer and chill...?
Ahhhhh!!! The beauty of the internet! It brings out the tough guys in everyone!
Old 06-22-2005, 07:19 AM
Senior Members

??? This supposed to mean something? I'm the type that will call you out in person too.

Originally Posted by NES' date='Jun 22 2005, 11:16 AM
[quote name='tomwid' date='Jun 22 2005, 11:13 AM']So have a beer and chill...?
Ahhhhh!!! The beauty of the internet! It brings out the tough guys in everyone!
[snapback]141940[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 06-22-2005, 07:22 AM
NES
Members

Originally Posted by tomwid' date='Jun 22 2005, 11:19 AM
???? This supposed to mean something?? I'm the type that will call you out in person too.
Again, the internet brings it out in you. I guess you cant help it, can you?

Quick Reply: Annoying AC Vents